Topic: Where to buy DVDs?

I am curious if anyone has a recommendation where to pick up DVDs?

I mostly buy them on sale at mainstream stores (Target, Fred Meyer etc.) but it would be nice to have an online source for new releases and browsing.  Of course Price is VERY important!

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited by Osm3um (2007-01-20 19:55:23)

Re: Where to buy DVDs?

Amazon has always been my #1 place to buy DVDs.  Another good website that Goon told me about a while back is deepdiscountdvd.  They have tons of titles with free shipping.  They also have special deals going on every other day... so it seems.  Other than online I would suggest Best Buy and Borders.  Hope this helps.

Barnes and Noble--- is a good place.  Especially with some forgein flicks.  If they don't have it in stock can usually order it.  Price is about the same as Borders.

FYE---great place with good selection.  Occasionally you will find hidden gems, I found The Funhouse & Seven Doors of Death.  Prices are good too...usually cheap at about $15-25 average.  Some things though are as low as $5 or 10.

Suncoast (if you can find one, they had to do a serious consolidation last year)--- is like FYE but better.  A full movie store (FYE also has music) and they have LOADS of rarities in stock.  Movies that you can't order at any other place without paying an arm and a leg, some outta print, others you just break your ass looking for.   You could spend an hour or two in there grabbing a few armfulls of DVDs and then sorting out the ones you want.  At least that was my experiance. 

Circuit City--- I find it to be a realitivly good store, has a nice selection and low prices.  For example, Best Buy, Borders and Barnes will have Lost Boys 2 disc for like $26-30....City on the other hand...about $20.  You can also find little gems too...I found The Mangler in one for about $15.  City is probably the cheapest of the giants and sometimes not as extensive like FYE and Suncoast in terms of hidden gems....its worthwhile popping in every so often to see what they have.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-01-20 22:19:54)

i get the best deals here in town in the discount bin. Beats any online site any day of the week. Example I got Deep Rising for $3, kick ass movie, kick ass buy.

I love Best Buy. Especially on Halloween...

Suncoast Motion Pictures is an awesome place to buy DVDs... they have a very large horror selection.  Except, its a bit pricey.  I had to shell out thirty bux for Street Trash.  Although, it was worth it.

Yea.. DeepdiscountDVD.com is probably your best bet.. The prices there are great with free shipping.. I do just about all of my online DVD purchases through them..

If your looking for rare and hard to find movies, I found these sites to be good (but they are usually DVD-R's though and I know some people don't like that idea but if you want certain movies it's the only way to get them, IMO):
Midnight Video
Flesh Wound Video