Topic: Rob Zombie caves to Critics?

I thought Goon would beat me to the punch on this one, but since he hasnt done it yet I guess I will. Rob Zombie has according to internet rumors that it appears started at Bloody Disgusting has caved to the critics who are jumping all over...

Read More : Rob Zombie caves to Critics?

Re: Rob Zombie caves to Critics?

Making a remake of a classic is a hard thing to do.  I hope he takes what the internet fans say seriously and also, I hope he has a slight difference from the original, but also I hope he has similarities.  If that makes any sense. ^_^

I really have faith in Rob to do a good job on the remake. Hope he doesn't let us down, especially with such a classic.

ROB ZOMBIE'S real dad(guess who?) would be proud; he would say" it doesn't matter what they say as long as they spell the names right" or whatever cliche seems cool. This whole thing is a publicist's wet dream! I'll bet the script was a phony. Even if it wasn't and he really does a rewrite , remember , this is ROB ZOMBIE, not some hack! What he puts out will be his and that means it will be at least interesting. Although, it will probably KICK FU.KING ASS!!!!

Well one things for sure, he's getting heavy publicity

so does everyone really just want a rehash? Or do you want to see Rob Zombie run with it? To me Rob is the WRONG director to just rehash it. He is far to creative and distinct to just redo it.

Bottom line:

I hope that Rob Zombie does HIS thing and makes the Halloween film that HE imagines.

im with you Tim. I respect those that dont want him fucking with a tried and true ffranchise, but i just dont wanna see another cookie cutter remake. If its a complete piece of crap I will be first to step up and say it is.

I see a MUCH more vicious and graphic film, with some great twists coming from Rob Zombie.

I hope he sticks with his original idea of doing it his own way. I hope his rewrites aren't going in the wrong direction, although I doubt they are.

First off I'm not even sure if he is doing any re-writes.. I mean according to Mehs article this is a rumor from B-D.. They always fuck up on scoops.. Even if it is real who is to say that he didn't plan on doing re-writes anyway.. Most scripts do..

TODD's prediction: ROB will deliver.

Goon wrote:

First off I'm not even sure if he is doing any re-writes.. I mean according to Mehs article this is a rumor from B-D.. They always fuck up on scoops.. Even if it is real who is to say that he didn't plan on doing re-writes anyway.. Most scripts do..

Your absolutely right there Goon.

he is rewriting because of fallout?
the casting for sheriff is brilliant, I love that guy:)
Zombie is assured of sticking us in the eye and swirling it around a little, but that's his style and I can hang with that.

its good to see that im not alone in hoping rob puts his own touch on it. I dont want something CRAZY different, but i dont want another lame remake. I am sure Rob Zombie will weigh in on this rumor very soon.

I truly don't understand why so many have faith in Rob Zombie.  I have been unimpressed with his works so far. 

He's a true horror fan I suppose, which is a good start.  But that's all it is...a start.  Eli Roth is a "true" horror fan as well, and while I have yet to see Hostel, Cabin Fever just left me flat. 

Being a fan is not enough.  Having a "vision" is not enough.  Ultimately, it's the execution of the idea that matters most.

I don't know if the script review I read on AICN is accurate or not, but based upon what I read I am not impressed. 

To me, Michael Myers is a force of nature, perhaps even supernatural in his way.  I don't want to necessarily know what makes him tick.  I like the mystery.  I like the ambiguity. 

George Romero had it right.  He did not want to explain the origin of the zombies in Night Of The Living Dead.  He considered it unnecessary.

Let's save the origin stories for superheroes.  Or psychological thrillers.  I like my horror pure.

Frankly I'm surprised that Rob Zombie is getting a "pass" anyway.  Aren't most horror fans opposed to remakes anyway?

sMart wrote:

I truly don't understand why so many have faith in Rob Zombie.  I have been unimpressed with his works so far. 

He's a true horror fan I suppose, which is a good start.  But that's all it is...a start.  Eli Roth is a "true" horror fan as well, and while I have yet to see Hostel, Cabin Fever just left me flat. 

Being a fan is not enough.  Having a "vision" is not enough.  Ultimately, it's the execution of the idea that matters most.

I don't know if the script review I read on AICN is accurate or not, but based upon what I read I am not impressed. 

To me, Michael Myers is a force of nature, perhaps even supernatural in his way.  I don't want to necessarily know what makes him tick.  I like the mystery.  I like the ambiguity. 

George Romero had it right.  He did not want to explain the origin of the zombies in Night Of The Living Dead.  He considered it unnecessary.

Let's save the origin stories for superheroes.  Or psychological thrillers.  I like my horror pure.

Frankly I'm surprised that Rob Zombie is getting a "pass" anyway.  Aren't most horror fans opposed to remakes anyway?

I couldn't agree with you more. That's what killed the Black Christmas remake for me. I just hope Rob doesn't mess this up...

smart made some great points.. I would agree rob Zombie and his films are WAY over rated. The thing i like about his work though is that he is at least doing unique things. not the usual cookie cutter horror formula we get from the big studios.

I have faith in Rob I think he will do his best at this movie..I'm pissed that he caved though he should stick to his guns about it and not give a shit what anybody thinks..