Topic: TCM: Next Generation

Just wondering if anyone had seen this movie and wanted to comment on it? There isn't a review for it and I'd really like to know how it is. Thanks smile

Re: TCM: Next Generation

It is funny that you would bring this movie up.  Just last night, me and TheGoldenSimatar were talking about this movie because he was once interested in getting it.  I having seen it warned against it.  The reason that there is no review for it yet is because it is soooo bad no one probably wants to do it.  That is why, I, last night why talking to my friend, decided that I would take it upon myself to watch this horrible movie again and write a detailed review on it so if you would all give me a day or so I will rewatch it (while crying lol), write it up and save you all precious minutes of your lives which would be wasted on this film.  I spent an hour or so watching it and then the last three years of my life trying to make sure it would never make another cent lol.

Last edited by TheDudeWithTheShotgun (2007-01-21 18:54:05)

That movie is kinda like watching your grandmother french-kiss somebody....

Just kinda...yeech....

Not even a little good.....

Was it a remake?

It was a sequel, Todbrowning.

And thanks for the heads up DudeWithTheShotgun. Looking forward to that review tongue

Last edited by ResidentEvilRising (2007-01-21 20:59:07)

You wanna see Leatherface as a hooker?  Check this one out.

Is that a chainsaw in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? tongue

Yes we were Dude....and the movie is even up on Youtube.  He showed me the pizza scene...*vomits innards* 

I still will get it from Circuit City, only $6.  Mostly because if I have one film in a series I must have them all just for continuity and such....also because as some of you might guess from me watching SNAKES ON A TRAIN I am a bit of a self-masactsis with bad movies.

I agree with goldensimatar. I need all of the TCMs tongue I'll probably just end up getting it off eBay for $5. They don't have it at my Ciruit City, ah well. I like the original cover art better anyway. I'll probably end up hating it, but at least my TCM collection will be complete.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

You wanna see Leatherface as a hooker?  Check this one out.

Lol.  You summed it up perfectly.  Anyway, I probably will buy it when it costs 25 cents.  Not a cent more.

Last edited by TheDudeWithTheShotgun (2007-01-21 23:36:28)

I also know I'll probably get TCM The Beginning when it hits low price.

im a horror movie freak and own this movie its ok thats all im sayign maybe like a 4 or 5 on my scale but its entertaining for if i were rent it first b4 u buy it cuz to me i got it for like 3 bucks at a yard sale and its still a TCM flick so i said fuck it and brought to complete my collection

Yea well I have pretty much disowned this movie from the TCM franchise.. Thats why I haven't even considered buying it..

My thing is this: If you buy it, bury it.  Make sure that as soon as you buy it, and satisfy your taste for pain, you bury it beneath a bunch of good horror movies.  I recommend Hooper's original Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Romero's Dawn of the Dead, Fulci's Zombi 2, Hitchcock's Psycho and other great gems.  Just bury it deep enough so no one will ever find it again.

Every once ina while I dig this movie out of the shelf to play it for someone that has never seen it. It is so weird and has nothing to do with the series. It is kind of cool to see Matthew McConahey (spelling is probably wrong) and Rene Zellwegger in early roles that they now probably hide in shame from. If you compare it to the others in the series then yes it is the worst thing ever, but if you watch it and forget it's tied to TCM then it's just a really off beat horror flick. For a cheap price, buy it just to have it, get some friends together with some pizza and beer and have fun heckling the movie.

I actually liked the first half of this movie. But then suddenly everything just went to shit. I mean it really sucks donkey balls. No really, donkey balls. It's the only film in the franchise that I don't own. Well, besides TCM the Beginning. But even that was better than this awful movie. Like Hard2Kill suggested, it's worth heckling, but that's about it.
To top it all off, nobody is even killed with a chainsaw! How in the hell can it be called "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"?

I too picked this up for about 6 bucks but I still felt that I had been ripped off after I saw it. Like others said though if you're a TCM fan then you have to own them all. Just thought I'd give a heads up..... I mean it was worse than TCM: The Beginning

You put Leatherface in a film and the title instantly becomes, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

It's hard for me to buy films that I don't like.  Except, however, if they come in box sets.  Anyone else have this problem?

I am the same way Tim but to complete a collection sometimes I might pick up something that sucks just to have it. I actually thought I was buying the original TCM from ebay and the next generation showed up at my door. I was kinda pissed because the seller labelled it wrong and evn used the wrong picture but I kept it and bought the special edition of the original that looks like a package of hamburger.

They have it at a local bargain store for $3 so I'll go pick it up today.

But I actually like TCM: The Beginning. Even though the characters were shallow as spit and we all knew what was gonna happen, it was pretty kick ass.

I have a question about the review I am writing.  May I spoil certain parts of the movie for the purpose of reviewing it, after supplying a general out look of what the movie is about and what I dislike about it?  So, can I go from general to a few spoilers here and there?

Yeah.  Just make sure that you put a warning at the beginning of your review for those who have yet to see the film.  That way its up to them.  That's what I do.

Fine with me DudeWithShotgun.

Agree with TiM.  Dont' matter to me much.

My review is completed and posted.