Re: Masters of Horror Season 2

He wrote Valerie on the Stairs just for Masters of Horror series.
It was a "45-page treatment for a 60-minute teleplay!"

check it out at Clive Barker Revelations below the Fantasy Con banner.
I enjoyed watching it.

"Right to Die" was an awesome episode with great horror effects, cool story and two hot babes!
Couldn't ask for anything more....

And I'm so glad they didn't go political on it. That would have ruined it.

It's a ghost story and horror story rolled up into one excellent hour.

DemonToSome wrote:

"Right to Die" was an awesome episode with great horror effects, cool story and two hot babes!
Couldn't ask for anything more....

And I'm so glad they didn't go political on it. That would have ruined it.

It's a ghost story and horror story rolled up into one excellent hour.

I thought that the director Bob Schmidt really brought the right approach to the episode. I also liked Corbin Bersen protrayal of his character Ira. I remember him being in the tv series  L.A. Law.

Schmidt sure like's his ladies 'well endowed'. I thought Bersen was gonna get himself knocked out in the hot tub action scene. Great effects on the 'crispy woman' too. Reminded me of Frank in Hellraiser before he got himself some skin.

Last edited by neversummer (2007-01-09 08:00:42)

Commercials  on Showtime? Although, it could be a Canadian thing.

TODBROWNING1 wrote:

Commercials  on Showtime? Although, it could be a Canadian thing.

MOH is shown on the Scream network up here in Canada so we get commercials during the episodes. Most of which consist of advertising for MOH Season 2 and some really stupid infomercial on purchasing a diecast tow truck from some certified automotive museum. And yes, if you purchase now you receive a second diecast model, completely free! BARF! I can't wait to cancel Scream when MONSTER HD finally arrives.

Yeah those commercials are annoying. But I edit them out of the episodes.

neversummer wrote:

Schmidt sure like's his ladies 'well endowed'. I thought Bersen was gonna get himself knocked out in the hot tub action scene. Great effects on the 'crispy woman' too. Reminded me of Frank in Hellraiser before he got himself some skin.

There were a few times in it that reminded me of Hellraiser

Did anyone catch the last episode 'We All Scream for Ice Cream '? Was it a decent entry?

neversummer wrote:

I can't wait to cancel Scream when MONSTER HD finally arrives.

Hey neversummer

I was just about to cancel my digital cable here, cause Scream sucks so badly. What is Monster HD? Should I hold off?

I just watched We all Scream .... and it was a pretty good episode but it really felt like a TFTC episode more that a MOH. It was pretty good though and had some good FX. It was weird to see William Forsyth as the happy clown guy.

groovyghoul wrote:

I was just about to cancel my digital cable here, cause Scream sucks so badly. What is Monster HD? Should I hold off?

Monsters HD is a high definition uncut horror channel on the DISH network in the states. It's owned by VOOM which has gotten the rights to broadcast some of it's other crapier stations in Canada, (OASIS HD, RUSH HD, EQUATOR), via some Toronto based company. I emailed them asking if Monsters was coming to Canada and I never received a reply so I guess we're stuck with Scream for the time being, (unless you have an illegal dish setup of course).

I found out I can watch Masters of Horror smile

I have ShotimeonDemand and epsiodes SOUNDS LIKE through ICE CREAM are avalible...for FREE smile  I am so bloody happy.  Gonna watch SOUNDS LIKE tonight and then gonna spend Friday (no school) gorging on the others.

Its a good subsite till I find Fearnet, which I have but can't find sad

neversummer wrote:

Did anyone catch the last episode 'We All Scream for Ice Cream '? Was it a decent entry?

IMO I didn't like it too much. If it was more like a comedy I might have liked it more, but the way it was just doesn't sit right with me. I guess I was expecting more from it and the kills were rediculous.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

I have ShotimeonDemand and epsiodes SOUNDS LIKE through ICE CREAM are avalible...for FREE smile  I am so bloody happy.  Gonna watch SOUNDS LIKE tonight and then gonna spend Friday (no school) gorging on the others.

Thats so cool you get to see them.

I just saw The Black Cat. This is an excellent episode. I really liked it.
Jeffrey Combs brought Poe to life!

DemonToSome wrote:
thegoldensimatar wrote:

Thats so cool you get to see them.

I just saw The Black Cat. This is an excellent episode. I really liked it.
Jeffrey Combs brought Poe to life!

I really appreciated it also. Jeffrey Combs was excellent and Elyse Levesque as Virginia was really great too. I have to watch anything about Edgar Allan Poe and it didn't dissapoint me.

I just watched the final episode of season 2, Dream Cruise.
I thought the season would end with a huge bang like Imprint did, but IMO it went out with a fizzle.
It was ok but nothing more.

Washingtonians just became avalible for OnDemand yesterday..was having a horror fest so didn't watch it.  Will watch it later today. 

I can't wait for a Season 3, hopefully with Diary of the Dead done Romero can do one and I remember in a Fango issue a while ago Garris mentioned Clive Barker was interested in doing one if there was another season.

So far my fav episode(s) are Pro-Life, Right to Die & The Black Cat

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Washingtonians just became avalible for OnDemand yesterday..was having a horror fest so didn't watch it.  Will watch it later today. 

I can't wait for a Season 3, hopefully with Diary of the Dead done Romero can do one and I remember in a Fango issue a while ago Garris mentioned Clive Barker was interested in doing one if there was another season.

So far my fav episode(s) are Pro-Life, Right to Die & The Black Cat

Yes I too would love to see George Romero contribute an episode to the series. I suppose if Clive Barker chose to contribute another installment .... it would probably be another collabaration with Mick Garris? That would work out great for me. I hope there are many seasons of the series to come.

"FAMILY" was the best episode of Season 2 imo. "Pro-Life" was good too, not as good as "Cigarette Burns" from Carpenter in season 1.