Topic: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

I am outraged. Godzilla should be #1 with Gamera as 2 and Gappa of the triphibian monsters#3 (did not even make the list)  but what do I know. HUMPHHHHH!

I was not sure where to post this but I consider most monsters on the big screen as foreign big_smile

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTVvok4S … re=related

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

Well, I am surprised he isn't #1, he does seem to be the most famous of the monsters

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

And way cool big_smile

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

That list is a crock of shit.
how the hell did did the claw beat out king kong let alone godzilla?

i was never a huge kong fan, after all he is just a giant ape, but how can godzilla not be #1 considering he has radioactive breath and caused more destruction then most of the rest of the list combined!

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

What in the blue hell? I do highly agree that Godzilla should of been #1. He does hold the title of King of All Monsters. What a bunch of horse shit. Bullshit list i say.

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

Godzilla definitely should be number one.  I mean he is such an iconic monster.

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

Godzilla always gave me the hots lol

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

Well it depends on who made the list.  Godzilla is not nearly the icon in the US as he is in Japan.  I myself honestly think Godzilla is overrated.

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

jmh314 wrote:

Well it depends on who made the list.  Godzilla is not nearly the icon in the US as he is in Japan.  I myself honestly think Godzilla is overrated.

I grew up in the era when godzilla ruled TV. Almost every weekend there was a Godzilla movie on. You know back in the 70's we had all the old horror/sci-fi movies on tv on the weekends. We even had a kung-fu hour on sundays. We do not get TV like that anymore. All we get now on the weekends are CSI reruns, Church programming and childrens cartoons.

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

godzilla deserves to be #1

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

survivalist wrote:

That list is a crock of shit.
how the hell did did the claw beat out king kong let alone godzilla?

i was never a huge kong fan, after all he is just a giant ape, but how can godzilla not be #1 considering he has radioactive breath and caused more destruction then most of the rest of the list combined!

I am an old fart and I still never saw the claw.  This is my list

1) Godzilla
2) Gamera
3) King Kong
4) Mothera
5) Cloverfield
6) Gappa
7) Rhodan
8)Cookie monster (could not resist lol)
9) the things from the Green slime movie (1968)
10) 20,000 leagues from under the sea (or whatever the name)

I have to edit this and say that the japanese superhero ULTRAMAN and the monsters he battled kinda has to tie with #2

Last edited by Godzilla_Rules (2008-08-19 21:22:19)

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

Godzilla_Rules wrote:

I grew up in the era when godzilla ruled TV. Almost every weekend there was a Godzilla movie on. You know back in the 70's we had all the old horror/sci-fi movies on tv on the weekends. We even had a kung-fu hour on sundays. We do not get TV like that anymore. All we get now on the weekends are CSI reruns, Church programming and childrens cartoons.

Im with you GR, i remember the saturday drive in double feature (usually kung fu movies) and on sundays or especially every thanksgiving week holiday they showed the godzilla movies on tv all the time.

back then the late movie, and late late movie were something to stay up for occasionally.

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

survivalist wrote:
Godzilla_Rules wrote:

I grew up in the era when godzilla ruled TV. Almost every weekend there was a Godzilla movie on. You know back in the 70's we had all the old horror/sci-fi movies on tv on the weekends. We even had a kung-fu hour on sundays. We do not get TV like that anymore. All we get now on the weekends are CSI reruns, Church programming and childrens cartoons.

Im with you GR, i remember the saturday drive in double feature (usually kung fu movies) and on sundays or especially every thanksgiving week holiday they showed the godzilla movies on tv all the time.

back then the late movie, and late late movie were something to stay up for occasionally.

Ya they had "kung Fu theater every weekend and it was a gareentee that a monster movie would play. Are you old enough to have watched the japanese monster/hero ULTRAMAN?  that was on tv when i was a kid also.  to this day the japanese are still making ultraman movies. I have some on tape.  guys i recomend everyone here to watch ultraman. they are very expensive dvd's when you can find them but well worth it.

anyone wants a peek at ultraman : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dL34U9v … re=related


I think we need a sub forum totally devoted to monsters. LOL  how about it Meh?

Last edited by Godzilla_Rules (2008-08-19 21:29:21)

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

Yes i remember ultraman, but honestly didnt see much of it.

what about the imitation ultraman, jet jaguar?

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

Dude! I love Ultraman. I had to pick up the boxsets to that show. That show still kicks so much ass. I still can't get enough of Ultraman. Just how cheesy it was along with the monsters. But i didn't care and still don't. He's still the man. To bad he never fought Godzilla. Now thta would of been one hell of a matchup.

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Dude! I love Ultraman. I had to pick up the boxsets to that show. That show still kicks so much ass. I still can't get enough of Ultraman. Just how cheesy it was along with the monsters. But i didn't care and still don't. He's still the man. To bad he never fought Godzilla. Now thta would of been one hell of a matchup.

If i can afford it or find it even...i want to buy all the godzilla, ultraman and gamera movies. Gamera defender of the universe is a good modern gamera flick. I have that on dvd.   I am suprised godzilla and ultraman never made a movie. talk about ultimate cheeze!  But in japan they take these movies quite seriously so i heard

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

Godzilla_Rules wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Dude! I love Ultraman. I had to pick up the boxsets to that show. That show still kicks so much ass. I still can't get enough of Ultraman. Just how cheesy it was along with the monsters. But i didn't care and still don't. He's still the man. To bad he never fought Godzilla. Now thta would of been one hell of a matchup.

If i can afford it or find it even...i want to buy all the godzilla, ultraman and gamera movies. Gamera defender of the universe is a good modern gamera flick. I have that on dvd.   I am suprised godzilla and ultraman never made a movie. talk about ultimate cheeze!  But in japan they take these movies quite seriously so i heard

This past December, i picked up the entire Godzilla boxset, which has 8 different movies, which is my favorite. That is definitely the boxset you seriously need to pick up and own.

18

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

To be honest with ya'll and I'm sure I will get booed but the Godzilla remake with corny Matthew Broderick is my fave lol.:P

I saw as a kid in the late 70's Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla in the theater but I can't recall anything from it cause I was never a monster fan really.

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

RIP wrote:

To be honest with ya'll and I'm sure I will get booed but the Godzilla remake with corny Matthew Broderick is my fave lol.:P

I saw as a kid in the late 70's Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla in the theater but I can't recall anything from it cause I was never a monster fan really.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  I was tempted to give you a negative rep for that but i like you so much i could not bring myself to do it lol



I liked the movie as well but the real godzilla is the japanese godzilla.

Last edited by Godzilla_Rules (2008-08-29 22:57:24)

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

Godzilla_Rules wrote:
RIP wrote:

To be honest with ya'll and I'm sure I will get booed but the Godzilla remake with corny Matthew Broderick is my fave lol.:P

I saw as a kid in the late 70's Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla in the theater but I can't recall anything from it cause I was never a monster fan really.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  I was tempted to give you a negative rep for that but i like you so much i could not bring myself to do it lol



I liked the movie as well but the real godzilla is the japanese godzilla.

Don't ever, ever, ever mention Godzilla 2000 with Matthew Broderick. That movie doesn't even deserve to be called Godzilla. It was a pathetic attempt at the classic monster that we all love. It has to be one of the worst movies to ever come out. I don't even know what's worse: Godzilla 2000 or The Hulk directed by Ang Lee. *Shivers* 2 of the most horrifying movies ever created. I'm still trying to forget about both movies, let alone Godzilla 2000. How in the hell can anyone remotely like that movie. Shit!

Re: Godzilla makes #3 in top 10 movie monsters.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
Godzilla_Rules wrote:
RIP wrote:

To be honest with ya'll and I'm sure I will get booed but the Godzilla remake with corny Matthew Broderick is my fave lol.:P

I saw as a kid in the late 70's Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla in the theater but I can't recall anything from it cause I was never a monster fan really.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  I was tempted to give you a negative rep for that but i like you so much i could not bring myself to do it lol



I liked the movie as well but the real godzilla is the japanese godzilla.

Don't ever, ever, ever mention Godzilla 2000 with Matthew Broderick. That movie doesn't even deserve to be called Godzilla. It was a pathetic attempt at the classic monster that we all love. It has to be one of the worst movies to ever come out. I don't even know what's worse: Godzilla 2000 or The Hulk directed by Ang Lee. *Shivers* 2 of the most horrifying movies ever created. I'm still trying to forget about both movies, let alone Godzilla 2000. How in the hell can anyone remotely like that movie. Shit!

LOL

The hulk was a very bad movie (the first movie)  Ya. the godzilla 2000 can not be in the same class as the real godzilla. you can never beat a man in a rubber suit destroying models of Tokyo.  I still felt the godzilla 2000 was fun to watch at the time even though it was way over americanized.

from what i remember in Godzilla Final Wars the true Godzilla kicked the american godzillas ass! smile