Topic: Fringe on Fox

WOW I can't believe there is not a thread raving about this new show. I wasn't expecting much, hadn't seen any of the hype if there was any. I saw an obscure advert in my Game Informer mag and dvr'd the show. JUST got through watching it. First I want to comment on Dvr-ing, I wouldn't have it any other way...I miss critical pieces of conversations like dates/years ect. and I can back up and catch the info LOVE IT!!! Anyhoo if you enjoy anything like the X-FILES, writings of Dean Koontz, or just edge of your seat -not being spoon fed- and getting to enjoy the storyline type of entertainment, then THIS is for you. IF the rest of the season is as spanking as the premiere then this show just may be another box set on dvd that I will want to own. They did everything right. Great storyline that can and WILL branch out into many many other facets, which is great cause it won't bore me or lose my attention like Lost did (Well it did) The acting is wonderful and the lead lady pulls me right into her emotions. The rest of the cast plays their parts well and even the quips and sarcasm are up to par. check it out and let me know your take on the show:)
http://www.fox.com/fringe/

Re: Fringe on Fox

I still have to watch this. I TiVoed this, let alone done the season pass for this. I'll be watching this sometime soon before the next episode airs.

ya it's not bad but not sure if it's going to last.  usually if I like a show it is cancelled within months.

I saw it and I thought it was pretty good.  Typical JJ Abrams stuff.  I didn't like the huge block letters of locations.  The writing was good, the directing and acting were great.  I have the DVR built in cable box and that is the greatest.  I can even set it to record a show from the internet if I forget something.  I'm hooked on that thing.

I lilked it ,I liked it alot.
This show is so good.
You are so right G-B.
Shows like this don't last.
They hook you, reel you in, and then cut you loose just when you think " Finally something decent to watch."
I will watch and enjoy for as long as it lasts.

i didn't really get what was going on, mainly because i was half asleep already, i'm planning on checking out the replay on sunday though

Last edited by romero-inspired (2008-09-11 18:41:40)

This is so funny, I just posted a topic on Fringe, I loved it.  TDSR check your pm's.

skidog wrote:

I saw it and I thought it was pretty good.  Typical JJ Abrams stuff.  I didn't like the huge block letters of locations.  The writing was good, the directing and acting were great.  I have the DVR built in cable box and that is the greatest.  I can even set it to record a show from the internet if I forget something.  I'm hooked on that thing.

my bride loved that, haha.

I finally had watched the pilot to this a couple of weeks and the pilot is all it took for me to get hooked. I am utterly addicted to Fringe and so damn glad that this was released and made into a series. Each episode just keeps on getting better and better.

I really enjoyed it.  It's not getting shown in the UK yet so I have to download it but it's worth it.  Much better than Fear Itself which I gave up on after a couple episodes.  smile

So far I like the show. It is very close to being x-fileish but it is not quite there yet. It is a cross between the x-files and law and order. I think the storys so far is not captivating me like the x-files. it is still a good show and will continue to watch. i still perfer supernatural and the reaper

I watch Fringe for just one reason:

http://a451.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/25/l_2f36ad5853a672b6f16bef2e3e37bb4a.jpg

big_smile

sorry dude, but i just dont think shes hot at all, her face looks too flat and wide there, and she has a masculine jawline....

while i understand her character isnt supposed to be "hot" she just looks so bland and unappealing....

i really wanted to like this show, ive watched every episode twice, but honestly it just doesnt grab me the way the first few seasons of x-files did.

i dont think she has masculine jawline...my jawline looks just like hers.

I don't think she's hot either but she is interesting to watch. smile

I'm glad they don't make her character to be "hot" like Emily Deschanel's in "Bones". That truly is a case of the Emperor's new clothes.

Kill The Firstborn wrote:

i dont think she has masculine jawline...my jawline looks just like hers.

Do any females ever admit to having masculine features though?  I rest my case.

lol i admit my hands and nose look like a man's, but my jawline normal/

I have a beard and penchant for scratching my ass in public...:P:lol::P

I've only seen the first episide so far but it was really something. The scene I really remember is when Walter sees the last images of the girl that was murdered. I really have the take the time ancd check out more episodes of this show...hopefully before it gets canned lol...(hopefully not)

I've been recording it. I'm a few episodes behind but so far I like it. I have a feeling its going to get better if it gets picked up for another year. Another show I've been watching thats similar to this, but a little less paranormal is Eleventh Hour. I absolutely love that show. Its not quite as far fetched as Fringe, but still has a little X-Files feel to it and stars Marley Shelton from Planet Terror who is super hot!

Is anyone still watching Fringe?

I've been keeping it with it on Hulu and it seems to be getting a lot less interesting as it goes on.

It's starting to remind me more of The Burning Zone than the X-Files. All we need now is an intelligent talking virus and this will go the same way as The Burning Zone too. sad

To be fair I could never get into Fringe it was too much like Lost territory to me. Watched a few episodes of both and then my interest waned. Just couldn't capture my imagination.