Re: Suspiria

Yes Suspiria is amazing. Such an undeniable ritualistic, dreamlike quality that pervades the entire film. A lurid fairy tale for the true horror fan beyond a doubt.
Visually, it's my favorite, plot-wise, not so much.

I love Argento's older films.  The colours are just so amazing and the with the violence, it's almost like watching a comic book come to life.

'Suspiria' is Dario Argento's magnum opus, and one of the greatest horror films of all time. A+

This was probably the first foreign horror films that I had seen and man, it lived up to it's expectations. It creeped me out beyond belief. The music is what got to me the most I think. So creepy and eerie. Definitely one of my favorites and one any horror fan should watch. Just read Maven's article she wrote about "Top 10 Films You Should See"... Or maybe it was the one about the horror fans beginning pack. Sorry, not good at remembering that much Maven... but she nailed it when she said that this is a film any horror fan should see!

katylou84 wrote:

Just read Maven's article she wrote about "Top 10 Films You Should See"... Or maybe it was the one about the horror fans beginning pack. Sorry, not good at remembering that much Maven... but she nailed it when she said that this is a film any horror fan should see!

Hey just read them all and you're bound to hit on it.  winklol

Thanks, Katy.  I didn't remember for sure myself.  LOL  It is Top Ten  Films You Haven't Seen But Should. smile   And after viewing this one again the other nite, I would bump it higher on the list.  Love, love, love it. 

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_12338.html

I do read them all, from beginning to end, and love every one of them!

Yes, definitely love this film. I might just watch it tonight... I'm feeling the need to feel creeped out since watching Cloverfield last night. I heard it was bad, but I just had to see for myself. But that's a whole different thread!!!