Topic: New Series... True Blood

I didn't see this posted so I thought I'd post it. There's a new series hitting HBO... True Blood. It premieres on September 7th. I'm posting what the show is about below, but if you visit the HBO website, you can definitely get more details.

Thanks to a Japanese scientist's invention of synthetic blood, vampires have progressed from legendary monsters to fellow citizens overnight. And while humans have been safely removed from the menu, many remain apprehensive about these creatures "coming out of the coffin." Religious leaders and government officials around the world have chosen their sides, but in the small Louisiana town of Bon Temps, the jury is still out.

Local waitress Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), however, knows how it feels to be an outcast. "Cursed" with the ability to listen in on people's thoughts, she's also open-minded about the integration of vampires — particularly when it comes to Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer), a handsome 173-year-old living up the road. But as Sookie is drawn into a series of mysteries surrounding Bill's arrival in Bon Temps, that tolerance will be put to the test.

A sexy, scary new drama from 'Six Feet Under' creator Alan Ball, 'True Blood' delves into the meticulously-crafted world of novelist Charlaine Harris. Described by the Emmy®-winning Ball as "popcorn for smart people" and featuring a colorful cast of local misfits, 'True Blood' promises an intense ride.

Re: New Series... True Blood

idk, i think i'm going to pass on this one

i remember seeing ads for this all over the site but i couldnt figure out what it was lol
now i know!!! which HBO is it on, cause we have like 5 of them.

We've had some coverage on this here:

http://www.horror-movies.ca/search.php? … elect=News

I have read the first book and it was pretty interesting, but I dont know about the rest of the book series.  It's HBO and they usually put out high quality shows, so this could be worth a shot.

If you dont get HBO, you can get episode one on DVD through best buy.com  If you buy any HBO tv series on DVD there is a code where you get a bonus disc of the first episode with it.

Thanks for adding that JMH. I actually was lazy and didn't do a thorough search, so my apologies. I'm gonna give it a watch though. It is HBO, about vampires and commercial free LOL.

I think their viral marketing campaign was pretty sweet.  I saw some TruBlood Blood Nurishment drink ads around chicago, which made me laugh.  If you go to yahoo.com and do an image search, type in Tru Blood (no e on tru) and there are about 2 dozen picks people posted of ads around the world.  It was a sweet idea.

Have been waiting for this.
Read all the books so far and they are good.
This series I believe holds promise.

I saw those posters for "Tru Blood". They were pretty cool. There were these "shorts" on HBO that were trying to promote True Blood. I watched them last night, but nothing too interesting. Just a little inside look about vampires speaking out and about "Tru Blood" being made.

Did anyone watch this?  I watched it and I enjoyed it.  I think the main vamp has a prettyt good look to him and the addition of that gal from the Piano and her powers is could lead to some pretty cool stuff.  I have not read the books and have no idea as to the premise of the show so I'm sorry if I'm stating the obvious here, haha.  I will be tuning in again.

The books are great and and the show is pretty damn good too.
Was not disappointed either.
Can't wait for more of the characters  to start making their appearances.

I watched it and was almost tempted to watch it again. It's only been one episode, but I'm diggin it. Not completely for sure what's up with Sookie though, but I'm sure that will be explained later, hopefully. I mean the "hearing" thing... Don't want to post any spoliers.

The main vampire, Bill (??) is HOT, imo that is! Can't wait for the next episode. The previews looked intriguing!

HBO's advertising partner just sent me another package for this last week. I'm thinking of bundling up all the stuff they've sent me and popping it up on Ebay...

Vampires, mind reading, isn't that called Twilight?

I thought it was good.  A little slow moving - but then again, I watched the (was it one or two?) hours of vampire buildup that I should have skipped.  Some of those "experts" bug the shit out of me.  The setting is gorgeous.  Something about the bayou that I just lo o o o ove.

I had great expectations of this series being it was made by the series creator of six feet under which was an awsome series...the first episode was pretty good..the ending made you wanting more so I'm really excited for this sundays episodes..ooh and the part The Vampires our great wink...

I enjoyed it, I really liked the humor and dialogue.

Constantce wrote:

I thought it was good.  A little slow moving - but then again, I watched the (was it one or two?) hours of vampire buildup that I should have skipped.  Some of those "experts" bug the shit out of me.  The setting is gorgeous.  Something about the bayou that I just lo o o o ove.

How true! I watched all of those little episodes HBO put on to try and reel us in to the series. Total waste of my time and really did nothing for me when it comes to actually watching the series. I do love the bayou too Constance. Such a wonderful location. The landscapes themselves can be utterly creepy just by themselves but so beautiful at the same time.

Sorry if I am making no sense at all. Hardly any sleep last night. Unfortunately we had a hurricane force windstorm yesterday that knocked all the power out until I don't know when. At least there's On Demand for me tonight!!!

latest news is this has being greenlight  for a second season

I love the show, I think its a hoot!:D

floridapossum wrote:

I love the show, I think its a hoot!:D

Me too! I'm hooked after catching Episode 2 last night - I broke down and bought a $700.00 HDPVR and got digital cable. Well this show made it worth it.

I was tired of Big Brother 10, So You Think You Can Dance and 90210 as the only choices for a relaxing night of TV.

Bring on the TRUeBLOOD!

I'm stoked!

Shake

I actually like Tru Blood, I have been reading the series of books  that it's based on called A Southern Vampire Novel by Charlaine Harris, I think it's a series of 8 books. So far it's almost the same. This book came out before the Twilight series. It's more like a adult version, than what twilight is.

I have to get these books...another great show this sunday...;)

shakingman posted a fantastic review of the series here http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_4762.htm

feel free to post your own review of it. Seems like its a fantastic show that I need to start following.

Yes Meh, it is a pretty good show. One of those that you're never quite sure where it will lead. Definitely fits my taste for vampire delight every Sunday!

I'm sorry I got rid of HBO after the Sopranos. Have to catch the DVD release I guess. My friends have been raving about it. I like Alan Ball's direction and writing so I think it would be really good.