Topic: favorite commedians

personally, i love Rodney Dangerfield, his movies were (for the most part) good and i absolutely love caddyshack. vote for ur favorite .

Re: favorite commedians

If it wasn't for my horse... lol

Lewis Black definitely.

Well, from the list above I chose George Carlin.  My favorite would have to be Chris Farley (when he was still alive)

Its hard to pick from this list.  They are all top notch!  I can't decide!!!!

Carlin and Chappelle are great....

Louis CK and the late Mitch Hedberg are awesome as well.... Also Bob Newharts stand-up was wicked back in the day..

I picked lewis black.

Couple other great comedians are

Mitch Hedberg
Daniel Tosh
Mike Birbiglia

Not sure if those are spelled right but they are worth checking out.

I went with Dave Chapelle I loved his stand up way before he even got his show..

Chris Farley (RIP), Adam Sandler

i love carlos mencia his show is the funniest i think and behind every joke theres a point and hes sum1 i could picture beign president hes not afraid to say anythign and i respect him very much

George fuckin Carlin

Dave Attel is great as well...

from the list, i had to choose lewis black, but as for my personal favorite comedians... it'd be more like mitch hedburg and brian regean.

Dave chappelle 

Don't forget to pick up some of Sam's Beer

I really like Jim Carey the best though.

Last edited by goldenwarrior (2007-03-04 02:29:41)

Of the bunch...Dave Chappele, but where's Eddie Murphy or Richard Pryor for that matter?

I do love everything that Dave Chapelle has done with all of his movies he has done, especially his show, I'm Rick James BITCH! But i did had to go with the legendary Rodney Dangerfield b/c i can't get enough of all the movies he has been in and everything he has done in the comedian scene. But to bad you weren't also able to choose from Chris Farley, Richard Pryor, or even John Belushi. 3 of the greatest comedians.

Robin Williams, Steve Martin, Bud Abbott and Lou Costello are some of my favorites that aren't included.

no one from the list sorry, my faves are Carol Brunett, Benny Hill, all of Monty Python, Chevy Chase esp. for his prat falls (I loooove prat falls), and to throw someone young in the mix Mr. Jack Black.

The funniest person I can think of with pure clean humour is Red Skelton. He could bring out major belly laughs tongue I remember watching him on tv and man I never laughed so much. It was non stop funny...

I get tired of hearing racial jokes after racial jokes.  To me, there just not funny after a while.  That's why comedians like Jerry Seinfeld are my favorite.  With the exception of George Carlin.

I'll go with "none of the above" and instead add Lenny Bruce as my favorite.

Out of these, I'd pick Dave Chapelle, and Louis Black. For those not on the list, I like Richard Pryor and Jerry Seinfeld.

Favorite comedian is Joe Rogan from Fear Factor & UFC. I know alot of people don't even know he's a comedian, So if you haven't seen any of his stand up you should check it.

Last edited by Twoslowjoe (2007-03-07 19:18:44)

he not the list
but my fav Adam Sadler

I'll go with Dave Chappelle.

But I like those 4 guys on the Jeff Foxworthy tour and that one guy is a drunker on it and the other is a redneck plummer or something like that.

I chose George Carlin. My favorite, not mentioned yet,  would be the late Bill Hicks.
As others have said
Lenny Bruce
Richard Pryor
Robin Williams
Eddie Murphy
Mitch Hedberg
Dave Attel
are all great comedians and are certainly better than Louie Anderson, Carlos Mencia, Jamie Kennedy and John Stewart. but hey, it's your poll.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I get tired of hearing racial jokes after racial jokes.  To me, there just not funny after a while.

I agree. All of the Chapelle and "Mencia" racist shit is played out. It's been done to death and gets old fast.

Twoslowjoe wrote:

Favorite comedian is Joe Rogan from Fear Factor & UFC. I know alot of people don't even know he's a comedian, So if you haven't seen any of his stand up you should check it.

Funny you should mention Joe Rogan. I read a post by him awhile back were he called out Carlos Mencia for being a fake and a joke thief.
Read it here http://www.joerogan.net/main.php?archiv … icle=44170

here's an excerpt:

Joe wrote:

The latest, and most disgusting joke thief off all is a guy named "Carlos Mencia." The REALLY crazy thing, is that's not even his real name.
He sells himself as being mexican, but the reality is his real name is Ned Holness, and he's actually half German and half Honduran.
The mexican hook is something he did to ingratiate himself with the local Mexican population of LA where he started.
Now, normally I wouldn't dedicate so much time to talk about a piece of shit like "ned" on my website, but this stupid motherfucker talked shit about me on the radio, so it's open season for hacks.

Daaamn.