Topic: Whats the 1 film you hope never gets the remake treatment

.... well for me it would have to be audition by takashi miike

Re: Whats the 1 film you hope never gets the remake treatment

I'll have to say Suspiria.. Simply because they have already remade movies I would have said before Suspiria. Plus that movie is just a classic and there would be no way to even match it..

For me, I would say every horror classic...but I know that would never happen.

For me, some childhood favorites from AMC Morning Movies

The Land That Time Forgot
Them!
The Deadly Mantis
The Valley of Gwangi
Tarantula

And though not horror, remains one of my favorite films.

Once Upon A Time In The West

Saw, Saw II, and Saw III. NO ONE, could be better than Tobin Bell...

I heard a Suspiria remake was in the works? Anyone got any news on that? I'm with Goon, they should leave that alone.

I say they definitely leave Alien and Aliens alone.

On the Suspiria front all I know about a remake is that they are making an anime of the film... Now that sounds kind of cool.. I don't think they could make it unsettling but the colors they could incorporate and make everything much more surreal than you can on a set..

yeah thats the only thing going on with it.

however mother of tears is coming out to let us know what happened to Mater Lacarandum (SP?). shooting starts in november and i can't wait.

An anime remake?  That should be interesting.

An American Werewolf in London is a film that I don't want remade either.

Hopefully this remake era will end soon and those movies will survive. I agree with everyone, while I think there have been just couple remakes that were better than the original, I have to say, most of them should have been left alone.

Well, I got bad news for all King fans. Pet Semetary is being remade and I just read over at Bloody-Disgusting that George Clooney is gonna be in it.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/index.php? … e=newsfull

Yea I just posted the news here.. I already knew this one was coming otherwise I would have said Pet Sematary.. This film is one of my favorite movies and one that still creeps me out everytime I watch it.. Check it out..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6232.html

Pet Sematary doesn't need it and I really hope they never remake Carpenter's The Thing.  I also agree with Alien and Aliens.

Last edited by Tina12312 (2006-08-03 12:49:43)

Ironically, John Carpenter's The Thing IS a remake.

Well John Carpenter's remake to The Thing is one of my fav remakes, As well as one of my all time fav horror flicks besides Day of the Dead its ashame they are remakeing that one.

I personally never want to see Evil Dead remade.  No one can out shine Cambell.

There is an assload of rumors about an Evil Dead remake, Some of em can even be found here.

Yea Raimi actually spoke about it at Comic Con this year too.. He said its gonna happen.. He just doesn't know when since he is so busy..

So i guess that means Raimi is going to be in on the remake?.

I fuckin' hope he casts Cambell as Ash

Norrock The Zombie Eater wrote:

So i guess that means Raimi is going to be in on the remake?.

Hes going to produce probably along with Bruce Campbell.. I'm pretty sure they are waiting for a talented director to come along..

Id say Halloween but its in the works im just hoping the Rob Zombie does great things with it an doesnt make it shit and im pretty sure he will do a good job he is a great director lets hope he does

For Me I really am not against a remake. My problem is remakes usually translate to the cast of the OC, really shitty writing and an even worse budget.

Yea, I have to agree with Adam.  I really dont want to see any of Miike's films redone.  Especially Audition or Ichi the Killer...

Meh wrote:

For Me I really am not against a remake. My problem is remakes usually translate to the cast of the OC, really shitty writing and an even worse budget.

Couldn't agree more.  But just add to that a director straight from music videos. 

I am completely against remakes but I do applaud Synder's remake of DAWN and Aja's remake of HILLS. 

The only upside of the remakes is it seems (at least to me) DVD companies are giving the original films and some of their sequels star DVD treatments or at the very least releasing them when they haven't before to build up hype or whatever.  If they had been planning it for some time, then I don't credit remakes to anything...but if they have...its the only bright spot.