Topic: 6 Nominations for Pan's Labyrinth

After being nominated and losing at the Golden Globe Awards for Best Foreign Film, Pan's Labyrinth has received six nominations at The Oscars. The film has been nominated for Art Direction, Cinematography, Foreign Language Film, Makeup, Music (S...

Read More : 6 Nominations for Pan's Labyrinth

Re: 6 Nominations for Pan's Labyrinth

I gotta see this movie, but theres no way it will be showing close to me. It sounds like it's a great movie. Have to wait for the DVD I guess.

The best part about the nominations is that people might actually get to see it now.

I was talking to the programmer of our local University film society the other night (we saw Death of a President).  He said that Pan's Labarynth was pulled from distribution because it is getting a wider theatrical release.

Like them or not, Oscar can help us see some great films the way they were meant to be seen - in the theatre!

Yea especially the nod for best Original Screenplay.. I really want del Toro to win at least one award.. This movie really deserves it.. I am hoping that it also opens up in more theatres.. right now it is sitting on 609 theatres but I'm hoping it will reach at least 1,000 soon...

It was first released here in Toronto at only 1 theatre and now it's at several in the area... this movie deserves to win in all categories.

i think Del Toro will win at least one with ease. More likely 2.

From what I hear, this film deserves to win.  I still haven't seen it yet.  I think I should.

On my list of films to see...soon.

They really shunned Mel Gibson's Apocalypto as Best Foreign Language Film? - cuz it was superior.

Last edited by Shakingman (2007-01-25 03:34:44)

I've noticed a real lack of interest in this film on this site; the new trend is drive-in sleazorama stuff-which I love-; however, there are many films being overlooked because of the  trend. Although, PAN'S... is making major money in a very limited release and as the oscars come up it will keep building.  Maybe it's the subtitles.

Last edited by TODBROWNING1 (2007-01-27 18:59:43)

Hmm I hope you mean the people on the forums and not the site itself.. I have been championing this movie for quite some time.. Posting the 6 Noms not to mention everything before hand that you can check out right here..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/search.php? … mit=Search

Definetly not a lack of interest on this site.. Maybe the forums..

Shakingman wrote:

They really shunned Mel Gibson's Apocalypto as Best Foreign Language Film? - cuz it was superior.

GIBSON'S film is amazing; it did ok at the boxoffice ,though. 49 million here and much more worldwide.

Goon wrote:

Hmm I hope you mean the people on the forums and not the site itself.. I have been championing this movie for quite some time.. Posting the 6 Noms not to mention everything before hand that you can check out right here..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/search.php? … mit=Search

Definetly not a lack of interest on this site.. Maybe the forums..

Yes, the forums; I posted DEL TORO and got almost zero feedback.

This great film is not real horror. It has horror elements, but it really falls in the fantasy genre. Now if del toro would do the REAL GODZILLA !

I still haven't seen Pans Labyrinth yet.  I guess that's why I haven't been so "chatty" about it.  But trust me, it's not the subtitles.  I'm a big fan of asian horror.