Topic: Midnight Meat Train on FEARnet

Just for those of you who didn't have a local dollar theater that played this movie, the on demand channel FEARnet is running Midnight Meat Train.  I was very surprised to see this when I turned on the TV this morning, but I can't wait to have the time to watch it again.

Re: Midnight Meat Train on FEARnet

Yeah, I hadn't gone On Demand surfing in about a week until last night, which is when I noticed they were showing it.  I'll definitely be checking it out this weekend.

wow that's amazing.  I miss FearNet.  They always had a cool selection of horror films.

Ah to be frivolous and have On Demand, I think I'd probably get OD just to have Fearnet. I mean, it is free, and has such an awesome selection

Lucky punks...

Okay, so, I just finished watching Midnight Meat Train.

It was okay, though I can see why it wasn't given a theatrical release.  Namely because the direction was heinous.  Totally wrong for the material.  I think it would have been a great flick if someone like, say, John Carpenter had directed it.  It was too flashy, too technical.  The gore was well done and plentiful, and the film looks fantastic, but Carpenter's "less is more" approach to direction would have fit it much, much better.  And the ending was badly telegraphed.  You know how it's going to end halfway through.

The actors were good, though.  Vinnie Jones makes for a mean movie maniac and the lead actor did a bang up job.  The chick who plays his girlfriend looks so much like my ex it's not even funny.  And the dude who gets his willie hacked off in Hostel 2 is in it, as well. 

If you've got 94 minutes to blow, check it out.  But if you're looking for a story with some real meat (pun intended) I'd say pass.

Last edited by LoudLon (2008-10-02 19:41:28)

i wish i had it, this sucks

nice!!! i got fearnet, cant wait to see it big_smile