Topic: Rob Zombie Weighs In

If you may remember yesterday a well known site gave their opinion on the script for Halloween which was written by Rob Zombie. I in turn took it upon myself to shoot a response saying basically what Rob has just spoke up to say on his official Hallo...

Read More : Rob Zombie Weighs In

Re: Rob Zombie Weighs In

This is the coolest thing since Bousman defended horror against Bill O'Rielly.  I thought that Zombie would have reacted a little more "harshly", but what he said made perfect sense.  Still can't wait for his take on our beloved Halloween.

gotta love rob zombie. He really did come out with a great question. DO YOU let writers you dont know dictate how you feel? I mean I know I have a vulcan mind control over you all, but i mean OTHER righters.

He could have just said "fuck you AICN" but instead he made it so much more eloquent.

Go Rob Zombie Go Rob Zombie, Go Rob Zombie GO!!!!!(sung to the tune of Go Speed Racer...)
and just cuz I wanna be known for having said it first, "Sherri Moon Zombie, when she finally writes and directs, will do a bang-up great job!!!" keep absorbing all that creative energy. MUHAHAHAHAHAH, now back to my dead zombie cheerleaders, SET CHEER.....

I left a comment on the blog that was done by rob and it just piss's me off on how people go up in arms over it..its funny how not that big of a deal was made when they remade hills have eyes, black christmas, hitcher, dawn of the dead and so on but now the shit is gonna hit the fan over this.

I am happy he defended himself.  More people need to defend their works.  On a side note, I will still be defensive toward remakes... even though I am planning on remaking Plan 9 from Outer Space lol jk.

Many people are more defensive about the HALLOWEEN remake because it is one of the most influential films ever made ; it's the best slasher film ever made, one of the most profitable independant movies ever made and most importantly a film the mainstream critics embraced-like THE EXORCIST- as well as us horror movie freaks. This film was on most critics best of 78 lists. I don't mean the horror lists; I mean Ebert and Siskle(SPELLING?) and the like. So, HALLOWEEN really does live -or DIE!- up to all the hype. Zombie's films have also been embraced by the mainstream critics; check out ROGER EBERT's super positive review of THE DEVIL'S REJECTS.  This could be a match made in horror hell; I think this could be Zombie's real breakthrough. However, no matter how great his version is, there will be people who reject it because it's not the original. He's shooting to make a killer horror film not pay tribute to the original classic. Apparently. they gave him a little money to throw around as well. this could be great!

Last edited by TODBROWNING1 (2007-01-14 23:48:25)

if he has the mask and the creepy score then im going to love this movie

he is keeping the mask and song but changing other things like the story line..hes focusing more on younger michael then the adult michael..which I think its great because in the original you didn't see that..

This is a remake I'm keeping close watch on. Rob could be onto something good here. I'm hoping so anyways.

okay cool then and i im hoping he doesnt talk while he has the mask on

Thanks Spammer, EDITED