Topic: Return to Sleepaway CRAP

Just finished watching this....

What is wrong with indie horror these days. Seriously, why make a sequel if you can't do it justice?

The killer is so so easy to guess its not even funny....... its like carrying a giant sign over their head. "I'm the killer" - they tried for the old usual suspects thing but just got it all wrong.

This wasn't as bad as feast 2, but still so so bad.

What has happened to our beloved genre sad

Re: Return to Sleepaway CRAP

I just read a review on here where they gave the gore in this a 10/10. Has anyone else seen this movie that thinks that is way too high of a score? lol

I'm not going to bash this movie like I did Feast 2 - yeah the acting sucked, some scenes dragged on, the camera work left a lot to be desired, but overall it was a decent effort. However, gore was not very well done at all, even by DIY standards.

sorry, he said death scenes, not gore.....

A couple scenes were inventive, but still poorly executed.... a simple camera cheating would have made the low budget effects better IMO.

You didn't like it then smile

LOL, I'm bordering on liking this.... I have fond memories of the original and really wanted this one to be just as good.

I think I could say yes, i liked it, if the killer wasn't screaming out so loud from barely 10 mins into it. It was like having pokaroo in the room and no one noticing until the end.

I liked the bully kid who at times over acted, but was still good as a character overall. I think a major recutting of this could bring some better life to this movie.... Hell, I'd even volunteer to re-cut it for them.

I figured this was gonna suck, I wasn't getting my hopes up

It didn't suck as much as Feast 2 did, lol

I really wish the damn killer wasn't so obvious... it would have been a good throw back movie, but sadly you'd have to be blind to not figure it out.... even with the sound off, its obvious. I kept hoping i was wrong... sadly, i wasn't.

I have watched the movie House of Pain and I agree with you totally.  I beleive I started a thread doing exactly the same as you, thrashing the entire movie.

Only good thing about the movie is that it did end.

The death scenes looked like something done by a child.

The special effects were horrible.

The dialogue and acting was forced.

Could tell who the killer was withing the first 30% of the film easy.

And one other thing Pain, when the killer is revealed the way they do it is so painful.

Can truthfully state that everyone of the death scenes were pretty low.  Won't say more as I do not want to give away anything.  I loved the first one.  the second and third were watchable but nowhere near as good as the first.  The fourth is sort of like saw 2 or 3, a totally waste of money on any level.

Sorry Grim, I didn't see your other thread...

Yes... the reveal to the killer was very gay and very lack luster...... and how they faded to black and raised the sound fx's.... not scary at all.....

Didn't they go back and do re-shoots on this movie?

She... or could it be He? LOL

While I agree that the movie looks like shit, I don't think being able to point out who the killer is should dictate the majority of your opinion... I mean, even in the original "Sleepaway Camp", you could tell it was Baker all along... You just didn't know, that, well...

*SPOILER*

She was a dude!

yes, but in return it was supposed to be a surprise/twist, lol

I wanna see this movie but I don't wanna waste $10 on a dvd for it if it's that shitty and the fat nerd in it is the killer which looks obvious from the trailer.

It's not that obvious, but almost.... DL, decide if you like it, then buy it... I might buy it just because, lol

Another HoP movie bash......   this must mean its another awesome drinking flick lol

lol, either I'm getting older, or the movies are just getting worse.

Damn, that's a dissapointment. Guess I won't bother watching it.

I give every horror film a chance but I will most likely have to watch this one drunk then again lol.:lol:

it's worth watching...... being tipsy would help though smile

I thougjht the deaths scene awesome (loved every single one)
That reason i gave it a 10/10 for the  deaths
The acting is (not bad)it's i cheesy but it cheesy as First movie i think!
The kids that gets bulied the whole movie  is boring
I the like the twist, i didn't see it coming that the reason i gave it 8/10 for the twist!
This not the wosrt movie ever it's a Fun cheesey slasher movie.
I Enjoyed it!

Seriously, You didn't see the twist coming?

Were you tipsy or wearing sunglasses?

House of Pain wrote:

Seriously, You didn't see the twist coming?

Were you tipsy or wearing sunglasses?

No and no, more I  think about it and can't believe iti  missed the clues as well!

What clues.... it was the biggest I'm the killer flag I've ever seen, lol

i can't wait for Sleepaway Camp Reunion (2010) smile

Please tell me its not another movie?