Re: Return to Sleepaway CRAP

An absolutely horrible film.

I'm all for the "it's not meant to be taken seriously"-style of filmmaking, but when the acting, direction, score, editing, dialogue is ALL terrible, we should at least be given some decent gore and nudity. This one drops the ball in those departments also. No sexy-sexy worth mentioning and the kills are so badly executed, even the ones with semi-creative build-ups flop.

Booo-Fucking-Urns!

I thought it was pitiful, it even ripped a couple of scenes right out the original.  The 'twist' couldn't have been more obvious if it had neon 'I'm the killer' signs pointing at the person.  Watch it anyway, you might as well before Sleepaway Camp:The Reunion comes out in 2010.

Jackalqueen - yes, it seems like the horror genre has run out of creativity and drive to make decent movies.... the new moto is, recycle, recycle, recycle.

Honestly, this one isn't the best.  I grew up in a time in the 80s where these over the top cheesy campy films were king.  So seeing this is more for the fans and for the sake of nostalgia.

if they had toned down the bully, not made the killer so damn obvious and gotten a few more better actors, this would have rocked!

I thought this was fun to watch, or maybe I'm saying this because of my love for  all the Sleepaway Camps.  It was funny to see the band CKY in it to play camp counselors in one scene for about 3 seconds. I guess it's not that much of a surprise since the singer of CKY is married to Felissa Rose.

So, was Angela in this movie?

I haven't seen it but Angela has to be in it or it wouldn't be Sleepaway Camp. I believe Felissa Rose is Angela, at least thats what I read somewheres.

Felissa is in the movie, of course!  The movie had a big downfall of bad acting.  The fat bully was obviously overacting, and everyone else was just stiff, dumb acting.  With all the cult atmosphere around this movie, I'm sure someone could have given the producers more money to hire better actors, IMO.

better actors, better writers, better everything!

Return to Sleepaway Camp was one of my favorite horror movies in 2008. But I have a high tolerance for cheese.

I must be lactose intolerant...........

suck a goat nipple for your health.....

I disagree with the members who thought this movie sucked I got to see it online before I bought it and I loved it I was thrilled that Felissa Rose came back as Angela and the killings were awesome I give this movie two thumbs up or what ya'll like to say it 10/10 it was the most awesome horror movie I had seen in years.

I thought it was annoying crapola

House of Pain wrote:

if they had toned down the bully, not made the killer so damn obvious and gotten a few more better actors, this would have rocked!

^ I agree with that ... but it wasnt as bad as I expected , I actually watched the whole thing anyway. That muscle dude had me crackin up , he was horrible  lol !!  wasnt that the guy from the first one ?

yes it was the guy from the first movie, Ronnie I do believe.  This movie is supposed to be over the top.  The bully was terrible, but it was cool to see at the end!!!!

Never see Sleepaway Camp lol No hurting little me smile

Last edited by BlackTequilaKiss (2009-03-16 18:34:40)

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Return to Sleepaway Camp was one of my favorite horror movies in 2008. But I have a high tolerance for cheese.

Yeah, me too. I quite liked this movie. Was it as good as the others, no but i think those are looked on with the fondness of the great decade of slasher films. The acting maybe wasn't great but i don't think anybody won awards for acting in the others either. I enjoyed the kills & the cast of originals & Isaac Hayes(RIP) also i think  Felissa Rose has grown into a bit of a fox which bring me to the scene after the credits, i only found it after watching the Making of & saw her dressed in that short skirt, nice ending. I would watch it again.

I'm glad at least one other person liked it. It was everything I expected it to be. Pure cheese.

It was alright. My problem with the film is not using the returning cast from the original to their full potential. They all felt like cameos rather than part of the plot. They even could have gone into the whole 'Two Killer' theory.

Hi,
If you need help related to business ghostwriting, then i am share best place for business ghost writing services, so boo ink is the best place for all.
------------
Business Ghostwriters

Last edited by tisan (2011-01-07 14:11:09)

ZOMBIE SLASHER wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:

Yeah, me too. I quite liked this movie. Was it as good as the others, no but i think those are looked on with the fondness of the great decade of slasher films. The acting maybe wasn't great but i don't think anybody won awards for acting in the others either. I enjoyed the kills & the cast of originals & Isaac Hayes(RIP) also i think  Felissa Rose has grown into a bit of a fox which bring me to the scene after the credits, i only found it after watching the Making of & saw her dressed in that short skirt, nice ending. I would watch it again.

I am clad  that i not the only one who liked this movie, i really like the some of the death scenes, i really love bed death scenes,  that was really cool,

Will be seeing again on weekend as i have only seen it once

Last edited by BASSI (2011-01-06 15:33:49)

BASSI wrote:
ZOMBIE SLASHER wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:

I am clad  that i not the only one who liked this movie, i really like the some of the death scenes, i really love bed death scenes,  that was really cool,

Will be seeing again on weekend as i have only seen it once

That was a cool scene. I read your review on it, good stuff BASSI. smile

Pretty sure they are remaking the original...that movie messed me up as a little kid...lol