Topic: Anyone see The Church (1989)

This also know as Chiesa, La

I just saw it on Amazon and i was gonna buy it,
Then i looked at trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPjRCzBR9uc

Is this movie any good?

Re: Anyone see The Church (1989)

All I know is that it's an Argento flick, I have never seen it though. The guy the did Cemetary Man worked on it so it might be good

The Church is very good. Argento had a hand in the writing and Soavi directs skillfully.
Not very gory but the FX are well done including a pretty cool demon creature. Definitely worth it if you like Argento or Soavi.

+1 on that. Flies under the radar somewhat but  its a goodin.

It's a little slow at first, but still a very good film. I got it because it was known as Demons 3 at the time and I love those films, but it wasn't at all like them. Its more of a slower pacedreligous horror but still worth owning. Plus its got Asia in it.

It depends on your horror tastes. I would say if you enjoyed movies like THE UNHOLY and JOHN CARPENTER'S PRINCE OF DARKNESS, you might enjoy this one.  The trailer doesn't do the movie much justice honestly.  When in doubt, rent it.

I own The Church on dvd and it's directed my Michael Soavi who also directed Stagefright and Cemetery Man. It's an okay flick and worthy of owning.

A very good film. Some very good atmosphere and a couple of splashy kills. Totally worth a purchase.