Re: Shakingman and the Dude's Let's talk about horror writing Post...

LMAO!! Not that old man. It was close to 20...25 years ago when I read this anthology. Think I was a freshman in High School, all I can clearly remember is the library and Dandelion Wine and Illustrated Man. I'll be trying to track down the html or pdf files for each story to help you find it.
Also...don't feel to bad about "The Blue Bottle". My stepfather collected antique bottles and tools and he informed me about 15 years back that families kept all their poisons (such as household arsenic and tinctures) in blue crystal and blue glass bottles. It would make sense to marry the two in your mind when trying to remember something such as this.

In the meantime I'll try to see if it's in his Dandelion Wine collection.

Shakingman, Bradbury did indeed write a short story called The Blue Bottle in 1950 as part of the Planet Stories also classified as The Other Martian Chronicles.  Hill House Publishing will have the THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES: The Definitive Edition availible in April of this year which will include it.

http://hillhousepublishers.com/rb-mc-toc01.htm

I'm sure that you could find it elsewhere too.

But it's not The Blue Bottle i'm looking for...(hic) it's the story about the young teenager in love who thinks his parents are poisoning him becuase he feels all the pangs of love.

I myself am at a loss.  Although, I will continue my search smile.

Dude! Did you give up on this? Who else is a Bradbury fan?