Topic: Grudge 2 Trailer

Whats everyone think of the new grudge 2 trailer? I dig it!
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6274.html

Re: Grudge 2 Trailer

Yea I like it I especially like Arielle Kebbel.. She looks damn hot with black hair.. BTW the trailer looks good too..

the grudge creeped me out. not so much scary as it is creepy.

Im sorry but I have to disagree with you all.  I hated the remake of Ju-On aka The Grudge.  I found it hard to watch it was so dragged out in a lot of places.  I really didnt find it scary at all, while Ju-On creeped the shit out of me.  For them to add on a sequel to a crappy remake is almost gonna be unbarable to even watch once.  Sarah Michelle Gellar is one hell of an actress and extremely hot, but I didnt think it was enough to carry that movie. <- IMO

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-09-10 23:04:25)

Heh yea I am more than aware that alot of people didn't like the remake.. Which I thought was weird because in the theatre where I was people were screaming and jumping in their seat... It was crazy, I've never seen anything like that in a theatre before...

But I still think that this sequel could change your mind.. Sequels can be better than the original.

I'm goin to agree with Tim the Zombie...the remake is bull...gotta luv the original Japanese one...scarier...

good post  and dude your avatar is just plain awesome! welcome to the site.

Okay, I just watched it and the trailer looks good.  I got "The Grudge" on dvd when it first came out on dvd for a birthday gift and I wasn't as impressed with it as my girlfreind was.  She saw it in the theater.  This sequel looks like it may be pretty cool though.  I haven't seen the original "Ju-On".

I would recommend people to watch Ju-On first before watching the remake.  Then they can compare and they'll see what I'm talking about.  The trailer doesnt look terrible for grudge 2, but after going threw the experience of seeing the remake of Ju-On its kind of hard to get hyped up about this new one.

Your right Goon, I remember a lot of people screaming in the showing of The Grudge.  However, if you throw in a bunch of teenage girls into a theatre and show them a horror movie, there going to scream there brains off no matter what the film is.  I remember seeing Boogeyman and people were yelling and screaming and that was the worst piece of crap I have seen in a long time.  Now the The Descent was kind of a different story, but still the whole theatre was filled with high pitched screams.  And not from the movie...Me personally, didnt jump nor flinch to any scene or feel the slightest bit creeped out.  And like i was saying earlier ju-on did all that for me.

Arielle Kebbel and Sarah Michelle Gellar are both hot as hell, to bad Sarah dies in the film...LAME!  Oh well, having said all this, I'm still going to see it.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-08-16 12:26:41)

Yea the originals are must see Japanese horror films.. If you are even thinking of looking into Asian horror films you HAVE to check out the first 4 Juon films.. Really great movies compared to its American counterpart..

Heh.. yea I gotta agree Tim most girls will scream at anything. For some reason though these movies no matter what format have always hit a nerve with me.. I haven't figured out what it is yet.. But something about that guttural cry and creeping crawl of the woman always gets me..

I get what your saying.  I remember first seeing The Ring and being scared shitless.  Not because of the creepy voice over the phone or the wierd images on the killer video tape, but because of the girl coming out of the TV.  The way she moved and crawled was very very creepy.  I think the same thing would have happened with the Grudge, sept I saw Ju-On first.

So we got Raimi producing this one huh?  Anything that he's involved with is definentally worth checking out.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-08-16 13:25:47)

Oh yea I saw the very first Juon first.. The V-Cinema one with Chiaki Kiriyama.. Juon: The Curse.. From there I bought all the following Juon films... I was actually really excited about the "remake/re-inventing" of the film when it was announced. I mean this was Takashi Shimizu directing it here..

Yea Raimi produced the first remake as well.. He saw the film and really wanted to bring that to American audiences..

Yea I've only seen the one that probrably everyone knows "Ju-On".  I've been meaning to check the whole series out, but never actually have.

Woah, i didnt know Raimi produced the first remake...damn where was I.  American audiences should without a doubt be able to experience Ju-On aka The Grudge.  It's a fantastic film.

Hey fellows, I'm lost somewhere, so haven't post anything until now that I got into http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thegrudge2/site/ (Grudge 2 official site)... and... gosh it sucks! it's cartoon way just takes away all the interest for the movie, the game is just nonesense, the graphic novels are like child comics compared to the graphics like SAW had... I really got dissapointed, mostly considering that the first grudge site was awesome http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/theg … /flash/... I dunno... I really hope this move may not be as crap as the site is...

I just got back from seeing The Grudge 2.  I didnt think you could get much worse than the first, but boy was I wrong.  I'm workin' on a review right now, so it'll be up in a bit for everyone to read if they wish.

kewl Tim I will be looking for it:)

The deed is done.

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-10-16 20:55:07)

wow tim sounds like it sucks, I apologize your review didnt get featured.. but it is now smile

Sarah Michelle Gellar ruins these movies, her made-for-TV, Buffy acting talents doesn't deserve to be plastered into a remake of what is one of the best J-Horror movies there ever has been, or at least one of the most classics.

The one thing that I think offers redeeming value to this new remake is that Sam Raimi will be offering his creative consulting as well as working directly with the movie. 

Whereas he only the directive CONSULTANT for the first movie, he just got billing cause he is famous.

Last edited by Blackthingsforsale (2006-10-17 00:02:39)

Well I agree in Ju-On being the best J-horror flick out there.  But, I honestly think that Sarah Michelle Gellar's acting is phenominal and shes startin' to appear in more horror films like The Return.

No problem at all Meh.

I will just say, she didn't do the best in the first new Ju-On : )