Topic: Anchor Bay Planning New Horror DVD Line

Anchor Bay has always been a personal favorite DVD company along with a couple of others. Today Anchor Bay has announced that they will be starting a new line of special limited edition DVDs celebrating some of the most revered contemporary classic c...

Read More : Anchor Bay Planning New Horror DVD Line

Re: Anchor Bay Planning New Horror DVD Line

I'm really jazzed about the new Phantasim DVD!  A Hammer films box set too!  Wow this just keeps getting better and better.

Can't wait for Phantasm & III to hit.  Curious what will be included in the Hammer Film Collection.  Hope THE REPTILE is among them.

Yeah I can't wait to find out whats in that Hammer Films box set. I'm lookin forward to more info on that one.

If it involves Anchor Bay, then it's always excited news.  I'm stoked for these releases.  Especially Phantasm.  Can't wait to pick those up.

has anybody heard if Anchor Bay is planning to release the special edition 5 disc Phantasm set in North America?

Are you talking about the set that includes the sphere?  I'm guessing that they'll release it in the states sometime or another.  For now, it's a region 1 set.

No don't expect to get your hands on any kind of Phantasm box set here in the U.S... The rights for the films are owned by different companies.. So if you find the other films on DVD pick them up and than wait for these special editions to come out...

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Are you talking about the set that includes the sphere?  I'm guessing that they'll release it in the states sometime or another.  For now, it's a region 1 set.

Hehe... I guess I was saying what I wanted to hear.  The truth can hurt.

thanks for the info...i guess i won't wait around for the set then.

I picked up Phantasm OblIVion today...and it seems to be owned by MGM.  Anchor Bay obviously now has rights to the 1st and 3rd...question who as #2.  I have found the DVD online, vundering though if the Bay is currently in negotitions to get ahold of it.

sweet

I think MGM owns the rights to Phantasm 2.. It actually doesn't even have a Region 1 DVD release yet.. Anchor Bay could be working on picking up the rights to it and that is why it is being held up..

Hope they are and then snag the rights to IV, though I already own it I think in the long run it would be better if all the movies in a series were held by 1 company.

And then there is a chance of them releasing the sphere set or at least releasing the sphere box so one may put their DVDs in it tongue

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-02-04 12:31:23)