Re: Movie trivia: "Did you know?"

Here's a good one
Deep Purple was originally considered for the soundtrack of Four Flies on Grey Velvet and whats weird I get it cause the band at the beginning made me think of Deep Purple jammin... weird or what ?/ They were imitating DP  awesome. I'm glad they weren't the soundtrack as in now when we see the film.

did you know the actor ted levine`s voice was the basis or chris griffins voice on family guy?

heard that awhile ago, and apparently its also on imdb, take that for what its worth.

Did you know that Ron Howard, Harrison Ford, Richard Dreyfuss, Cindy Williams, Macenzie Phillips, Suzanne Somers were all in American Graffitti ?

Clare Higgins character from the first 2 Hellraiser movies was supose to be the new main villan to carry on the franchise after Hellraiser 2 but did not want to continue the franchise.

Yes I knew that... thats why Pinhead and the other Cenobites got killed off in Hellbound. Pinhead was only meant to be just a minor player. Clare was suppose to be the evil queen of hell reocurring in the other Hellraiser movies without Pinhead in them.

Thats the reason i love watching comentary to dvds, they give out interesting infomation that u dont hear in articles or other stuff.

A couple off the top of my head:

Leonardo DiCaprio was offered the part of Patrick Bateman in American Psycho after Christian Bale already agreed to it?  Only after DiCaprio turned it down was it re-offered to Bale, who was the director's choice from the beginning.

Greg Nicotero's zombie head from Day of the Dead was later altered and re-used in the film Mr. Stitch, which was directed by Roger Avery as a pilot for a French sci-fi tv show.

Did you know that Lambert *wasn't* sexually assaulted but the Alien in ALIEN?  You know the scene where the Alien's tail goes up between Veronica Cartwright's legs?  She's wearing tennis shoes... but she was wearing cowboy boots all through the movie!  Those were BRETT's (Harry Dean Stanton) legs with the inappropriate tail raising!

Did you know...

The Newspaper in the beginning of Day Of The Dead that says "The Dead Walk" Is the same on in the end of the first Resident Evil

Braindead aka Dead Alive have set and still holds the record for the most fake blood used in a movie, over 300 litres were used for the final scene.

Did you know Frank Oz, Dario Argento and Sam Raimi had cameos in John Landi's Innocent Blood.

Ok follow me here, so in the game Grand Theft Auto 4, there is a vehicle at the airport used to tug around airplanes.  This vehicle (with giant wheels, and presumably very heavy) is based on an actual tug used at airports (mostly is Great Britain, see the photo here http://images.wikia.com/gtawiki/images/e/e0/Ripley1.JPG )

The vehicle is name the Ripley, an homage to "Aliens" where as in the film, one of these decommissioned tugs was redressed and used as the APC for the marines.

DrFrank wrote:

Did you know...

The Newspaper in the beginning of Day Of The Dead that says "The Dead Walk" Is the same on in the end of the first Resident Evil

Another interesting fact about the newspaper from Day of the Dead.

George A. Romero's film had such a small budget that all the extras who portrayed zombies in the climax received for their services: a cap that said "I Played A Zombie In 'Day of the Dead'", a copy of the newspaper from the beginning of the film (the one that says THE DEAD WALK!), and one dollar.

Had to do another one... cheesy, but still a fact...

Did you know that in the re-make of Dawn of the Dead, the diseased woman that is being transported in the mall in a wheelbarrow is actually a man?

Did you know? (I bet you all do but this is my first kick at the can)

The possessed Henrietta in Evil Dead 2 is actually played by Ted Raimi?

Did you know the band Black Sabbath got their name from watching a movie overseas that was Mario Bava's Black Sabbath?

stupid move: did u know that leonardo dicaprio turned down the role of jim in 28 days later

Did you know that Clive Barker, Steven King, John Landis, Joe Dante, Tobe Hooper and Mark Hamill all have cameo appearances in Sleepwalkers?

Did you know that the zombie hand that Tom (Keith Wayne) hacks up with a kitchen knife was made of clay and filled with chocolate syrup?

Here's a did you know that I can cast iron guarantee that you didn't know:D
Did you know that Mrs Macho got sent a bunch of flowers by Samuel L Jackson for sending him Taxis to take him back to his hotel when he was filming 51st State?

did you know james caan was considered to play the title role in the 1978 " superman" film.

Did you know that the movie Madman was originally suppose to be based on the Cropsy killer legend, but when word reached the production that the film "The Burning" was being based on the same legend the script was re-written.

Bulin wrote:

Did you know that Clive Barker, Steven King, John Landis, Joe Dante, Tobe Hooper and Mark Hamill all have cameo appearances in Sleepwalkers?

Yeah, and if I remember correctly, they were all in the same scene as a CSI team.

Did you know that Wes Craven got the name Freddy Krueger from a kid that use to bully him in school?

Did you know the film Maniac originally had a title song of the same name, but in the end was not used. The lyrics were toned down and the song, "Maniac", was used in Flashdance (1983).

The headless corpse in the end is the Betsy Palmer corpse (Jason's mother)
from Friday the 13th (1980).

Daria Nicolodi was originally cast to play Anna D'Antoni, but she was unable to go to New York for filming because she was still filming her scenes for the movie Inferno (1980) in Italy.