Topic: After Dark Horrorfest DVD Box Set

Not long ago we made the announcement that Lionsgate would be releasing seven of the films from the After Dark Horrorfest on March 27th. The question that was asked shortly after was if they had any plans to release a box set, well according to Davis...

Read More : After Dark Horrorfest DVD Box Set

Re: After Dark Horrorfest DVD Box Set

And in keeping with the piss-poor manner in which the "festival" was held, they are overcharging for the DVD's.

First, they don't offer passes for the entire event. Okay, I'm over it. I mean, there were some gems here but you'd never know it because no one is paying 9.50 to go see a "festival" flick that's why they have festivals. Now they're going to charge 140 bucks for the DVD box?

I'd love to buy some of these and love to get the box for the ones I missed but get reasonable with the cost.

Last edited by assgoblin (2007-02-01 13:49:06)

I woudl NEVER pay $140 for this box set. that is totally outrageous.

I think that a lot of people would agree with you Meh.  I being one!

Count me in for one!

Oh wait, that's not $13.99

I knew this box set would come out eventually.  I don't know what the big deal is about the price issue.  When a DVD or box set is first released, it's always a bit pricey.  The box set will go down in price.  I'm gonna order this sucker on amazon.

as bad as i want to see these movies id have to say no also...

Very nice...all I need now is a job to get enough money to buy that when i get a discount.

Meh wrote:

I woudl NEVER pay $140 for this box set. that is totally outrageous.

hell, i'd never pay $140 for any box set. besides, there were really only a couple of films on that i wanted to see, but that can be arranged in other ways that aren't so incredibly expensive.

I'll get it online somewhere a few months after it hits and after I watch all the flicks to see if I want them all or just a few.  By then the price will be down and I will hopefully have a job that will be at a place for employee discount.

Would never pay $140 for seven movies, no matter what they were.  Who knows though, maybe I can find the set on ebay real cheap if I'm lucky.  Not in a hurry to see any of them though.  As Tim the Zombie said, the prices are always high at first, and they will go down.  Maybe I will get the set then.

So you guys wouldn't pay $140 for a box set that contained EVERY zombie film ever made? tongue

For that I would smile.

If this box set contains every After Dark flick in its own case, with loads of special features per disc...maybe I would hack up $140.  But one can get the Nightmare on Elm Street for like $70-$80.

Yea I would rather rent some of these first.. Its not really any cheaper than buying all seven seperately.. Which you would think they would do..