Re: Music is my life!, What kind of music do you like?

Thin White Rope
Richard Thompson
NoMeansNo
Robyn Hitchcock
the Mekons
the Byrds
the Who
the Yardbirds
the Buzzcocks
the Clash
P.I.L.
Siouxsie & the Banshees
the Waco Brothers
the Sadies
Atomic 7

Rob Zombie
White Zombie
Disturbed
Godsmack
Lynryd Skynryd
Ozzy
Flyleaf
Janis Joplin
Staind
and many more

I am going to use this opportunity for a shameless promo spot: Sorry guys. I manage a local Sacramento band called Necro Beach, they play rock with a heavy surf undertone. They sing about love and death and zombies and loss but in a fun way. They have a my space acct www.myspace/necrobeach and a website of their own www.necrobeach.com you can hear songs on both sites. I hope you guys like them and if anyone from Sactown and are on this site would like to have free tickets to a show or one of their promo cd's let me know and I will hook you up.

I am really into Stone Sour right now and Flyleaf, rob zombie, slipknot, avenged sevenfold,....

I'm a hardcore classic rocker. Some of my favorite bands include:

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Alice Cooper
The Who
Steve Miller Band
The Jimi Hendrix expierence
The Doobie Brothers
Cream
Warren Zevon

Myself, a mixed bag....

The Ramones
Thunder
Screamin Jets
Alice Cooper
Sam Cooke
Elvis
The Beatles
Pretty much anything Motown from the 60's

and more recently....Possibly signs of mellowing out in my old age

Jack Johnson
Jann Arden
Lyle Lovitt
Blackie and the Rodeo Kings

Atomic Rooster is another of my fav's

Hard2Kill wrote:

I am really into Stone Sour right now and Flyleaf, rob zombie, slipknot, avenged sevenfold,....

woohoo! another flyleaf fan..lol

I saw them at this years Family Values Tour with Stone Sour and Korn. She is a kick ass singer. Or are you mocking me for liking Flyleaf?

Hard2Kill wrote:

I saw them at this years Family Values Tour with Stone Sour and Korn. She is a kick ass singer. Or are you mocking me for liking Flyleaf?

no, I love her..shes got so much voice in that little body of hers..my fav. song is cassie..I wish I could of seen them but I was too preggo this summer to see anying lol..it sucked all the good concerts came here this year and I couldn't see them..

That's too bad but congats on the baby. They usually put out a DVD for each year of the FVT so maybe keep an eye out for that. Cassie is my favorite as well, that song just kicks ass. They opened with something slower but Cassie was their second song and just blew me away.

Hard2Kill wrote:

I am going to use this opportunity for a shameless promo spot: Sorry guys. I manage a local Sacramento band called Necro Beach, they play rock with a heavy surf undertone. They sing about love and death and zombies and loss but in a fun way. They have a my space acct www.myspace/necrobeach and a website of their own www.necrobeach.com you can hear songs on both sites. I hope you guys like them and if anyone from Sactown and are on this site would like to have free tickets to a show or one of their promo cd's let me know and I will hook you up.

That music is very original and I liked some of the songs.  I think I downloaded three songs from the site.  Definitely some cool music. 
Have you heard of Rammstein?  I have only heard one of his songs and I love it.  Here is the music video for his song, Sonne.  The movie, Fear Dot Com uses it and that is how I heard it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9qs_Zm8wZg[/youtube]

Hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited by vorwald2006 (2006-10-06 11:02:37)

I listen to virtually every thing except for new country and rap

hmm i guess i am the only one here who likes bands like dodheimsgard, gorgoroth and burzum ....well then music wont be a topic for me here..

Wicked Lester

predator wrote:

hmm i guess i am the only one here who likes bands like dodheimsgard, gorgoroth and burzum ....well then music wont be a topic for me here..

I like others views on music, then I can explore.

i am pretty much clear and cut in my music orientation ..the bands ive mentioned are very different from all ive read here ...it belongs to the metal genre more precisely the black metal ..its an extreme kind of musik , normal ear would find it hard to adapt to its sound ...people ive introduced this musik to describe it as noise (like from a washing machine )...to put it simple the vocals are screams, the guitars are distorted the drums are machine gun fast and the lyrica is all the negativity you can immagine.....i am not a promoter but for the "experimenting" ear is worth a shot....start from whatever black metal band you can find that comes from norway...

I LOVE Borknagar, black metal band from Norway, the Origin cd
is as soothing as classical, yet they can crash out some vibes.

hmm borknagar used to be black metal ..now the vocals are  clean and it cannot be considered bm anylonger ...their first album is really nice and is bm..

predator wrote:

i am pretty much clear and cut in my music orientation ..the bands ive mentioned are very different from all ive read here ...it belongs to the metal genre more precisely the black metal ..its an extreme kind of musik , normal ear would find it hard to adapt to its sound ...people ive introduced this musik to describe it as noise (like from a washing machine )...to put it simple the vocals are screams, the guitars are distorted the drums are machine gun fast and the lyrica is all the negativity you can immagine.....i am not a promoter but for the "experimenting" ear is worth a shot....start from whatever black metal band you can find that comes from norway...

Hey man...... I'm sure we all know what black metal is about. I like listening to Mayhem's De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas and their Deathcrush album alot, but most people I know can't handle it. Don't forget who pretty much started black metal and death metal... Venom. They stole some of my hearing away in the 80's those bastards tongue

Me First and the Gimmie-Gimmies (Greatest Cover Band of All time)
Rob Zombie
Disturbed
Guano Apes
Dave Matthews Band
A lot of Horror Soundtracks
Frank Sinatra
Richard Cheese (second Best cover singer of all time!)

id rather say that bathory and celtic frost (hellhammer) started black metal ...the way the old school is meant to be...venom was "talking evil" but its more punk than metal...now if you really dwell into it the first band ever speaking of satan and using metal was black sabbath ......
i am glad though other people here know the genre ..it kinda matches horror movies for me \m/

Yeah Black Sabbath sure got the ball rollin, no doubt about it

im really into punk but can listen to anything and all you guys have a great tatse in music here are my fav

ICP
greenday
anti-flag
my chemical romace
alkaline trio
good charlote
the misfits
sex pistols
the subways
jeff buckley
james blunt
papa roach
blinl 182
angel and airwaves
new found glory
+44

but thats most of them but i do have more.

I pretty much like anything except country.  Some favorites are: Coheed & Cambria
Clutch
Sparta
Radiohead
Bjork
Tool
Incubus
Weezer
Goblin
Beastie Boys
Killswitch Engage
The Police
Bob Marley