Topic: Best Horror/suspense Soundtracks

Because music adds so much. my favorites (in no particular order) are house of 1000 corpses (rob zombie and lionel ritchie whod a thunk it), the devil's rejects ( crazy killers + fast car + guns + shoot out + cops + skynard= awesome) the crow (just really really good) and the lost highway (creepy).

Re: Best Horror/suspense Soundtracks

lionel richie?

brick house. it was a commodores song that lionel ritchie wrote and performes and i'm pretty sure that he and rob zombie collaborated on it for the soundtrack.

How about the suspense soundtrack of Bernard Herrmann during the shower scene of Psycho. I'm sure thats a familiar sound to everyone.

Some of the best soundtracks imo:

Phantasm
Halloween
Cannibal Holocaust
Zombi 2

There are so many.  Let's see... the soundtrack to The Return of the Living Dead, the music behind Dawn of the Dead '78 and Supiria done by Goblin, the tubular bells part in The Exorcist, the Jaws theme, Halloween theme by Carpenter, and some newer horror scores done by Angelo Badalamenti (I know I spelled that wrong)... ie. Cabin Fever and 2001 Maniacs.  Also, Jerry Goldsmith's oscar winning score for the original The Omen.  Hmmm... that's all I can think of at the moment.  There are many more.

Damn it! I was gonna say a bunch of the previously mentioned films. But maybe add Jaws in it. A lot of people can hear the music when they get into the water. Great stuff!

Oh yeah. And The South Will Rise Again trailer!! You can't go wrong with Judas Priest and Slayer. tongue

House of 1000 Corpses
The Devils Rejects
The Exorcist
Halloween
The Crow
The Crow (City of Angels)

Vulgar wrote:

brick house. it was a commodores song that lionel ritchie wrote and performes and i'm pretty sure that he and rob zombie collaborated on it for the soundtrack.

Yes that they did..;)

return of the living dead...hahahah thats the beat ever!

I love the classic iconic themes from Jaws and Halloween.  However, I watched 2001 Maniacs the other week and STILL can't get the music out of my head.  It's so effective that I want to take a hammer to my head to let it out!

The south will rise again!

2001 Maniacs does have a good soundtrack/score.  Again to bring up, Angelo Badalamenti.

I've always thought the music from Hellraiser and Hellbound were terrific.

Good choice ichorous. I love the soundtracks to the first 2 Hellraisers by Christopher Young and I have them both on lp's and cd's smile

The score for The Fog is also pretty cool.  I think that was done by Carpenter.

Suspiria

The enitre score to The Omen (1976) by Jerry Goldsmith

I mentioned that already.  Fantastic score.

I guess i missed that when you said that Tim. But i do have another one no one said. Nosferatu but there was one version that i did find of that movie where the entire score was done by Type O Negative.

Do you remember the version?

I really wish i knew which version it was. I've been looking for it and i know they do have so many versions of Nosferatu out there with different scores. But i definitely need to get that one for my collection that has Type O Negative doing the score.

That would be pretty cool to hear.  I'll see what I can find.

Myself,best Sountracks To Horror Movies,puppet Master,haloween,suspiria,the Fog,and Does Anyone Remember The Television Series,darkshadows?that Was A Pretty Cool Music Score.

The music behind "Street Trash" is another worth mentioning.

I watched Intruder last night and the music in that is really good for a low budget 80's slasher. I got the feeling that it could have been pre-existing stock music but even if it was it was still great and set the mood perfectly.