Topic: have you ever ....

....stopped watching a movie cause its so stupid and low quality you cannot watch it anymore....? well id o it rarely ...i did it on the story of ricky...and yesterday on meatball machine.....i dunno whats wrong with this people ...i mean asia is only 2 extremes ...its really great horror (the eye the ring re-cycle etc) or  its so stupid its catastrophic...(the story of ricky , meatball machine)....
i mean ok low budget? ok granted ...horrible dragonball z like monsters or whatever pathetic creatures fx ? not granted ....totally stupid scenario? NOT GRANTED!....patheticly miserable acting? NOT NOT NOT GRANTED!!!!!!!.....this movie is an insult!!!....immagine a movie thats supposed to scare you and it makes you laugh at first but then gets so stupid that laughter doesnt come any more only boredom every second that passes you suffer the agony of the dillemma: should i or shouldnt i turn it off ? will it get better or will it get worse...brrrrrrrrr...please please please dont watch ....a better activity woudl be to bang my head on the wall

Re: have you ever ....

I've never heard of those films before.  I don't think I want to see them after what you have just said.  Have I ever wanted to turn off a movie cause it's so stupid?  I usually like to finish the whole film, no matter how bad, but every once in a while I'll turn it off because it's that stupid.  Jason X comes to mind.

I actually enjoyed Jason X.  I thought it was a fun take on the genre.  Wasn't SCARY, but then, none of them really have been since... 3 in 3d if that?

I was watching Pink Flamngos in IFC the other night... I THOUGHT I had seen the whole thing... obviously I hadn't.    As soon as I wrapped my sleep addled brain around what I was seeing, I turned it off.  I mean you can tell Waters was just learning and shooting as he went, and were I completely high at a midnight movie, it all may have made SOME sort of sense.  But the other night, not so much.  It all seemed pointless and idiotic.

But seeing Divine fellatiate the pervy hippie who is supposed to ber her son, and thinking "Ew." and then remembering that Divine was a GUY... That was just one weird on top of another, and each weird kept feeding the other... it was a little too much for my sleep deprived brain to take.

Give me post-Polyester Waters any day.

I finish watching all films just in case the last 30 seconds have a great shot or something... you never know! Well, sometimes you know but I like pretending.

jason x is a great funny comedy to watch ..ok maybe not jason x but at least all the previous jason movies...i laughed my ass out especially when jason moves his head sidely while looking at smth (like dogs do ) that scene comes in jason vs freddy...nothing to do with fear or horror or thrill but definately very fun.....
the movies i ve mentioned are the worse crap asia has to offer i mean youd think evil dead is low budget(although funny story-my wife would kill me if she red this!!) ..well wait and watch story of ricky or meatball machine or bette DONT

I think I'll pass.  Unless, however, you feel that it's one of those films where it's so bad that you just need to see it.  Is it?

I've never turned off a movie because I love to torture myself lol but one hour of my life I would love to get back would be Dead and Breakfast..I'm sorry Tim..I've walked out of a movie before A League of Extrodinary Gentlemen..

Last edited by RaVeN71806 (2007-02-07 12:51:11)

I have never turned off a movie or walked out of the theatre.  I figure we learn a lot from movies we don't like as we do from movies that we do like. 

I remember the first movie I was at where a lot of people walked out.  I went to see Cronenberg's Crash with my Pastor and when they got to the scene of the guys kissing and the sex with the open wounds, people started leaving real fast.  To the credit of my Pastor, he stuck through the whole thing and we had a great conversation about it afterwards.

RaVeN71806 wrote:

I've never turned off a movie because I love to torture myself lol but one hour of my life I would love to get back would be Dead and Breakfast..I'm sorry Tim..I've walked out of a movie before A League of Extrodinary Gentlemen..

*Gasp*

Raven, how could you!!!  I love that movie.  smile

i couldn't get through Killer Condom from Troma. It was just horrible.

Vulgar wrote:

i couldn't get through Killer Condom from Troma. It was just horrible.

Someone else has seen it!  Yes!

...or, some of it.

Think that film is hard to watch - try Zombiegeddon!

TiM the Zombie wrote:
RaVeN71806 wrote:

*Gasp*

Raven, how could you!!!  I love that movie.  smile

ok I will admit the dance was pretty funny..

you know, I have seen movies like what you are describing, but for the life of me, I have to drive nails in my head and watch it all the way to the end. I have to see how it ends. The Butcher is the latest example of this.