Topic: Melton Talks Feast Sequels and The Tingler

Last night Fango caught up with one of the Feast scribes Patrick Melton about his upcoming projects that him and his writing partner Marcus Dunstan are working on. Not long ago we announced that they would both be working on the remake to William Cas...

Read More : Melton Talks Feast Sequels and The Tingler

Re: Melton Talks Feast Sequels and The Tingler

I really like Feast.  I thought it was pretty good, so I hope that II & III will be cool too!  I hope the studios aren't quick to throw something together just for the sake of cashing in.  You know like A Nightmare on Elm Street II.  I own the VHS box set and still can't get through that movie without falling asleep.

I think that Feast is a good stand-alone film.

I agree with you Tim

i think a sequal to feast would be cool, it would be cool to know a little more backround on the monsters or whatever the hell they are.

I think that Feast tried to prove the exact opposite of that.  You really don't need a whole bunch of explanation.  Creatures, blood, humor... it definately worked.

I liked the plot line to Feast, such as it was.  Basic, very little exposition.  But it was filmed so poorly that it was near unwatchable for me.  With all the jump cuts I simply couldn't follow the action.  I liked the look of the monsters, and enjoyed the fact that they're origins were never explained.  (Rob, I'm looking at you.)

So, while I am looking forward to perhaps seeing a 2 and a 3, my excitement is tempered by the fact that 1.  They'll probably "need" to explain what those monsters are and where they come from' and 2.  Make sure the action is obscured by jump cuts and "mood" lighting.