Topic: I'm looking for a certain back issue of Fangoria...

Willing to trade for or buy.

Issue #39
November, 1984

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/fango39.jpg

Re: I'm looking for a certain back issue of Fangoria...

Great issue, wish i had it to offer. your best bet is probably ebay.

Good luck, Lon.  The warehouse that Fango stored all of their back issues in burned about 18 months ago.  Fango Backissues are REALLY limited, so don't be surprised to pay  a jacked up price.

I don't have that one sorry:(

Luckily I got the first five issues BEFORE the warehouse burned down.  Now for the next 100-200 issues...

That fire thing ticked me off.  There is an issue I have been dying to get for years and I missed my chance.  sad

Yea you will have to try your luck on eBay now... Like Mirth said the warehouse that held all of Fango's back issues burned down awhile back.. So it will be quite a feat to get your hands on one.. Good luck!

here it is ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fangoria-Back-Issue … .m63.l1177

Appreciate the link, but I'm not a big eBay fan.  I've been ripped off by a couple buyers on there with "five star ratings" and I've had to shred two debit cards because of Pay Pal. 

I'm looking for this particular issue because of one thing: The Fangoria Splatterbowl.  A fan wrote and drew a five page comic strip featuring a showdown between Jason, Michael Myers, Leatherface and The Thing, and I thought it was great.  I've only seen it once -- a friend of mine owned it in highschool and it's the only time I've ever seen it, and it took me several hours last night (with a lot of help from Google) to find out which issue it was in.

Mirthquake wrote:

Good luck, Lon.  The warehouse that Fango stored all of their back issues in burned about 18 months ago.  Fango Backissues are REALLY limited, so don't be surprised to pay  a jacked up price.

Oh, yes, I'm fully aware.  That's why I thought I'd try my luck in this thread, maybe see if anyone of you's guys have it.  As I mentioned above, I don't like eBay and Amazon only has Fango Subscriptions available.

Incidentally, I'm also looking for Fango number 198 or 199...I forget which it is, but they printed a letter I wrote, and my copy up and disappeared on me not long after it was printed.

Nevermind.  Broke down and bought it off eBay.

I hate eBay.

moviemaven wrote:

That fire thing ticked me off.  There is an issue I have been dying to get for years and I missed my chance.  sad

Which issue Mave?

And it is true, that fire was really lame, but their prices were outta line. I mean I got issue 8 with the Fulci Zombie on the cover for $2 and they had it at $75! I guess I just got lucky...

My goal is to get every issue up to year 2000. And I'd love to get a full run of the original Famous Monsters line, but those are even rarer...

I used to have it, but all my older ones also got burned up in a fire. The splatterbowl was great.

Wish I would have saw this sooner as I just recently gave that copy away to a neighbor's kid.