Topic: Amazing TV Shows

Does anyone else think that over the last couple of years we have been blessed with some truly great tv shows?
I was just thinking about it. Theres Lost, Dexter, Bones, True Blood, Heroes, Fringe,(i havent seen heroes or fringe but ive read there excellent) theres probably some ive missed.
IMO these are unbelievably amazing tv shows and are much better than the wank films we have been getting over the last 4 to 5 years.

Re: Amazing TV Shows

I agree big_smile Supernatural gets my top vote cool

I don't watch any of those, LOL. I am going to make it a point to catch up with Dexter
one of these days - I am anxiously awaiting the return of 'Breaking Bad'

I agree!  It's like the success of Lost told the producers in TVLand to stay dark and creative.

I like Dexter, but my favorite is Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, I just hope it doesn't get canceled.

Ive never watched lost after the first two episodes, i just thought it would be something different than what it was i guess.

Heroes is currently one of my favorite shows, with the way this villains season is going i cant imagine how they will top this next year.

i don't have a lot of shows that i really like but the ones i watch every week are ncis, american chopper, family guy, simpsons, and my favourite show this season (drum roll please), knight rider.

Knight rider? i dont know you well enough yet to tell if your joking...   sad

Did i just read Knight rider? Gak well to each there own.

I am a huge fan of Mr. Dexter Morgan, i like watching the tele again.

Not really.  Most of my favorite TV shows don't aire anymore.  Dexter is rad, though.  I have the first two seasons on DVD and I love it.

Also, EVERYONE needs to tune in on Thursday nights and watch "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia".  The funniest show ever.  Aside from Arrested Development, of course.  wink

Yeah theres lots of good TV.  I used to always watch sitcoms, but now I watch a lot of Dramas.

I'm addicted to Lost, Heroes, Dexter, Entourage, My Name is Earl, and Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia.  The Shield was always bad ass but I am a few seasons behind on that.  I havent watched it at all but my friend is trying to get me into Prison Break.  I might start catching up on Fringe soon if I can.   I also loved Jericho, it's a shame it got cancelled, then was brought back, only to get cancelled again during the writers strike.  Deadwood was cool if you were into that sort of thing.  Also started watching some Weeds and it's pretty decent too.

hockey...

Tim, did you see that Variety had an article the other day that an Arrested Development movie is officially in the works to be written/directed by Mitch Hurwitz?  http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799 … egoryId=13

I have SO much catching up to do!!:lol:

I have a pile of ironing about the size of myself, so thats my plan for today, ironing and tv!!
I think i'll start with Dexter! tongue
Although, i need to watch the last episode of the last season of Lost, does anyone know where i can watch online? I can't find it on my usual site!

ye dexter is the best one to start with, it's the best thing on tv imo.
It feels like it was made for me lol
You should check out true blood also, im watching both on tvshack.net
Ive now watched all the dexter eps so far, im going to book store today to buy the books! weeeeee

http://www.cucirca.com/2008/05/16/lost- … me-part-1/

this might be good for lost, its the first part of the last ep i think!
the other is prob there sumwhere

TwistedSista, you IRON?

Constantce wrote:

TwistedSista, you IRON?

lol:lol::lol::lol::lol:Sometimes!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well I watched the first 4 episodes of Dexter yesterday and i'm hooked!!
Can't wait to watch more today!! No more ironing though!!:P:D

Last edited by twistedsista (2008-11-26 04:17:50)

Has anyone watched my own worst enemy?  i like the idea of it but never get to see it, of course i hear its been cancelled already...damn networks wont buy a full season of anything anymore to take a damn chance on something different.

hey, don't forget house

survivalist wrote:

Knight rider? i dont know you well enough yet to tell if your joking...   sad

no i'm dead serious being a huge fan of the original i love this show also although i'm probably the only one who enjoys this show.

jmh314 wrote:

Tim, did you see that Variety had an article the other day that an Arrested Development movie is officially in the works to be written/directed by Mitch Hurwitz?  http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799 … egoryId=13

Yeah, someone from work clued me in.  Looks fuckin' amazing.  They've got all the original cast back and everything.  Can't wait!

TiM the Zombie wrote:

They've got all the original cast back and everything.  Can't wait!

All of them? last time i read up on this mike cera was being a douche about making the movie saying it was not needed at all or something to that effect.

Supernatural, oh yea!
Fringe
True Blood
and Dead Set ( the British mini series)

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Not really.  Most of my favorite TV shows don't aire anymore.  Dexter is rad, though.  I have the first two seasons on DVD and I love it.

Also, EVERYONE needs to tune in on Thursday nights and watch "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia".  The funniest show ever.  Aside from Arrested Development, of course.  wink

I so agree, that show is hilarious!  And I'm still mad they took off Arrested Development.