Topic: Rue Morgue Issue 85 Sneak Peek

Rue Morgue always impresses and this month they are undertaking the return of Coffin Joe. I was hoping they would do some coverage on his new film and his older work since he is one of the few horror icons that I am not very well educated about. You ...

Read More : Rue Morgue Issue 85 Sneak Peek

Re: Rue Morgue Issue 85 Sneak Peek

Looks sa-weet big_smile

Coffin Joe rules.  Can't wait to pick up the issue!

Side note: I was extremely impressed with last month's issues.  The whole Forrest Ackerman thing was really rad.  I learned a lot I knew nothing about.  Love live Famous Monsters!  (even if it is out of print)

Yea I actually have a really old copy of Famous Monsters that was in my great grandmothers house.. When she died we went through to see what we would keep.. I was about 12 at the time probably and saw the magazine and took it.. Great stuff that I still look at every once and awhile.. Its very interesting to look back at what was big in horror back then..

Really?  That's awesome.  I'd love to get my hands on an old issue.  Even the first issue of Fangoria is SO different and that was back in the early 80's.  I can't even imagine what it was like in the 50's-60's.

Heh yea its pretty cool.. The ads are probably the most interesting things.. They have ads for monster masks and mail in stuff for horror models..

I recently got into collecting older horror mags. I have about 12 Fangoria issues, the oldest one I have is the 2nd issue. And I have 5 or 6 Famous Monsters mags which are great big_smile like you said Goon, they sold some awesome stuff. Theres even an ad for a pet monkey FOR 20 DOLLARS lol

My oldest issue is # 34, early 60's