Topic: Need Advice on Horror Story

Ive been working on this horror story for the past month or so and have gotten kind of far with it. I was just wondering if anybody had some ideas for some good ways to kill off some people.

Now heres the plot. Its basically an "end of the world" scenario where vampires have become the dominant species and humans have been forced out of homes and cities, etc. because alot of it has been destroyed by chaos, riots and all that good stuff. Humans basically live in the woods, broken down farms whatever they can to hide in from the vampires. I havent decided if this is going to be a plain survival story or a story where the heroes try to rid the world of evil. Probbably the first one but not really sure.

So basically i just need new ways of people being slaughtered. Cause I dont want every kill thats by a vampire to be that he sticks their fangs into the victims neck and drains them of blood.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and Ill take any ideas, even if its humans killing humans to spice things up. Thnx

Re: Need Advice on Horror Story

how are you making it differe from I am Legend so it has its own distinct taste? Vampires is a tricky one to layout a unique scenario, I am gonna think on it and try and help with a usefull idea.

A group of young vampires chase/herd a group of humans over a cliff.

A different twist could be that the "vamps' don't have fangs so they have to carry sharp weapons to cut their food open so they can eat. Also maybe make it so that sunlight only hurts them where they are injured already. Like maybe shoot a vamp a bunch of times and push it into the light and the blood inside begins to boil through the wounds, but if it were just walking around it skin covered by dark clothes will prevent their blood from boiling.

ya i know what ur asking meh(except i have never heard of I am Legend...ill look it up so i dont copy anything) and i should have gone deeper into that but im not really sure on how to add a twist to the story...i want to sick to the old myths with twists thrown in it. and hard2kill that would be kind of interesting. i thought of instead of having them be awake at night i could reverse it but it would be ind of copying other vampire stories like blade(well kind of).

and skidog i like your idea also. i could somhow twist it around by having the vampires instead of slaughter theire enemis they scare them enough or trick them into going off the cliff somehow...not sure but ill work on it...thnx guys for the advice

Last edited by KillianDarkwater (2007-01-16 18:24:43)

A group of vampires surround a survivor and are about to close in on him.  The survivor knows he's going to die so he shoots himself in the mouth (with the gun that he is holding).  Hehe... I always liked those kinda deaths.

lol to me that sounds like the person that kills themselves is in a way mocking the vampires but i like it

He knows he is going to die... so instead of being ripped apart by a group of vampires, which would be a really painful event, he shoots himself and makes it quick and painless.

been there done that..
what about getting humans to kick and scream and bite the vampires and they then turn into vampires but are different than the original breed and then there are vampire hating vampires as well as humans fighting the original vampires. Hmmmmmmm.
Vampires are so over done lately...but if that's what you're into - make it ORIGINAL!

Vampire stories have been done in so many ways.  For what its worth, my advice is to try out several scenarios and see which direction is the best to take.  You'll be amazed how many ideas can come to you if you persevere.

One of the best vampire stories I have read in a while was VAMPED as it had the "mid-life crisis guy who finds a lonely girl and begins to raise her" kinda theme but with a vampire twist.  Worked out great and beats Interview with a Vampire hands down. 

For my vampire story I wrote a serious drama piece but with vampires as equal characters to the humans and only in this one they weren't warring or anything.  So its technically a drama and not really horror, but it is quite different then any vamp story I have read.

So take vampires to maybe a different genre.

And possibly instead of setting it in modern times, maybe set it in some other time like in the past or maybe some future slight sci-fi setting to give a different look.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-02-09 10:36:34)