Topic: Dead Rising, How To Kill Inmates in Jeep

I have heard that you can stop them from respawning and kicking your ass repeatedly by shooting their car and destroying it. Did that until it started smoking and yet... they keep coming back. What am I missing?

Hopefully I am not the only one playing Dead Risign.

Re: Dead Rising, How To Kill Inmates in Jeep

I've actually started playing this again since you've been talking about it so much.  I've already gone through the game twice, but you can go through different things and save people you didn't save before, that it isn't like it is anything I'm not enjoying. 

As for the inmate thing, I think I used this when I went through it before.  I found it on IGN:

Head to the North Mall across the park. Inside hunt around the shops that are under construction for the nail guns. You shouldn't need more than two. Go back out to the park the way you came in and the cutscene will play. Head to the trees near the Food Court and wait for the jeep to try and make a go for you.

If you stay in the tree area, the jeep should smack repeatedly into the trees, freeing up a major opportunity to nail gun the inmate on the machine gun from a safe distance.

Once he is down, nail gun the passenger, then finally the driver. Once all three are dead you can go examine the .50 Cal machine gun and dismount it. It holds about 200 rds and is extremely powerful. One of the best weapons in the game!

Hope that helps,

thanks buddy. to be more clear though i can kill em easy enough.. I use the UZI smile That said they KEEP COMING BACK which is driving me bananas. I read that you just have to shoot the shit out of the jeep till it starts smoking badly and they wont come back... but they did.

I definitely am gonna go looking for a nail gun though... that sounds like fun.

I thought that might've been what you were talking about, but it gets to a point in the game later where you don't really have to worry about them anymore anyway.  I don't know that I've actually destroyed the jeep.  I guess I found something else I'll have to try this go around.:)

yeah i know at some point you get a maintenance key to get through the mall. I thought you got it from killing the clown but all that did was have the african american dude take me in the bathroom , say this is a shortcut and i cant figure out WTF hes talkng about.

The shortcut is in the mirror, if I remember correctly...maybe it is a stall, there is a place in there that kind of teleports you across to the other side though.  You just have to go to it and I think it asks if you want to go to the other part of the mall.  I can't believe I'm having such a memory lapse on that game.  When I first got it I played it day after day for probably a couple of months.  Now though, I don't have that kind of time.

Last edited by the5thdroog (2008-09-22 11:25:59)

im gonna give it another shot. I could definitely use a short cut. the jeep guys are easy to kill but not when you have a whole entourage of survivors with you.

HEY GUYS.

i too was confused when Greg the guy you save of the rollercoaster took me in to the bathroom and said this is as far as i go.

i was like WTF. but then wen you look up there is a hatch that leeds to the roof space. you just jump up on the sink in front of where greg is standing and it will come up saying pizza plaza, press be and you will be takin all the way to the uther side of the mall smile . you can all so take survivors through here so i advise you do as it saves alot of time.

hope this helps

tks Riva it sure was confusing but its now how i get all the survivors back to.

have any of you got the real mega blaster. you get it buy killing 50,000 zombies. a must have for infinit mode

i have not. I have to be close to 50,000 zombis though. I am currently trying to get all the bombs from the parakde which is a huge pain. lol.