Topic: Manhattan Baby(1982)

Well I recently bought Lucio Fulci's Manhattan Baby and just watched it and made a review for it on MMS.

I have to say that this is the worst Fulci film that I have ever seen. It was completely boring and will put you to sleep.

Anyone else ever seen this snoozefest before?

Re: Manhattan Baby(1982)

Nope, heard too many bad reviews about it to not  watch it.

I never bothered, I heard it sucked pretty bad

I bought it years ago along with New York Ripper. I sold it immediately , Ripper is pretty good though.

fredgarvin wrote:

I bought it years ago along with New York Ripper. I sold it immediately , Ripper is pretty good though.

Yeah I like The New York Ripper alot. I sut to think that City of the Living Dead(aka Gates of Hell) was Fulci's worst but at least that film had some gore in it while Manhattan Baby was just lame.

I thought I wrote a review on the suckfest that is Manhattan Baby, but now I realized why I didn't.  I was so bored with it I couldn't pay enough attention to it to write one.  I agree it is his worst film.  I'm a huge Fulci fan and I usually enjoy anything he does, including City of the Living Dead (the scene where the lady pukes up her guts is great), but I just couldn't enjoy this one.

I didn't think it was THAT bad.  Yeah, it was a little slow, but there were a few redeeming scenes.  I think... Hell, its been a while.

i saw this movie at shop, this movies are new to the UK stores and i did the back of cover it did sound, then other dvd cover that look same,  so i put back.

I Never heard of the moving before i saw in the shop.
Thanks for waring RIP!

If you think this is the worst Fulci film, you mustn't have seen Sodoma's Ghost. It's up there with Zombie Lake and Hell of the Living Dead in the triumphant pieces of shit category. And, I'm as big of fan of Fulci as you can get. The direction is so simple it's almost insulting.

admittedly it's a long time since i saw this but when i did see it i hated it.not a fulci fan anyway,although i liked zombie flesheaters and a couple of his spaghetti westerns , to me he is over rated.:|

I bought it from a sale a while ago but havent watched it.  maybe I wont