Topic: Will the new "Poltergeist" movie be ready for 2010?

We know that imdb.com must be wrong about the 2009 release date, unless they film this movie in "James Bond" production-speed.
  JoBeth Williams seems quite negetive about this remake being made. Although she mentioned in her interview, herself being a director and actor, she knows it can take a long time for a film to see the light of day from script-writing to actual production.
  She thought that by the time this film is being made, she could actually be old enough to play the grandmother in the film.
  Well, it seems to me that most good films with the studio backing it up and given a quick greenlight seem to be made quite quickly. it only takes less than one year for a SAW movie to be made. With the greenlight, They are filmed in March and released in October every year.
  For a James Bond film, the script can be written one year and filmed and released the next year. Making it a Bond film every 2 years on the average. many other films are like that too.
These days I would think they would need to start writing a new script for a sequel right after they are done with the first movie or at the same time.
We love it when  films can come out every year like the Lord of the Rings trilogy did. That really helped the films become a major success.
  I hope good speed will come to this "Poltergeist" remake and 2009 will see this film professionally cast and in production. I will try and wait until 2010.

Re: Will the new "Poltergeist" movie be ready for 2010?

Unlike the remake of Halloween" by Rob Zombie, where I went from not wanting to see it to reconsidering because even Mael Akkad was a fan of it enough to want to be part of its sequel, I am absolutely positive I want no part of this film.

In my opinion, I'm positive it was heartbreaking for the cast to finish production of the third installment when the late Heather O' Rourke passed away and I don't think a remake could even hold a torch to her two famous quotes "they're here" and "they're baa-aack."

I am not a fan at all of this movie being remade at all and think the trilogy, along with Miss O' Rourke, should be remembered for how successful it was for it's time and should be a lasting testament to O'Rourke and the memory of her.

Joe I agree with you 100% on everything you just said...this trilogy just needs to be left alone..especially for the respect for Heather O'Rourke..shes the only carol ann..

joe91074 wrote:

Unlike the remake of Halloween" by Rob Zombie, where I went from not wanting to see it to reconsidering because even Mael Akkad was a fan of it enough to want to be part of its sequel, I am absolutely positive I want no part of this film.

In my opinion, I'm positive it was heartbreaking for the cast to finish production of the third installment when the late Heather O' Rourke passed away and I don't think a remake could even hold a torch to her two famous quotes "they're here" and "they're baa-aack."

I am not a fan at all of this movie being remade at all and think the trilogy, along with Miss O' Rourke, should be remembered for how successful it was for it's time and should be a lasting testament to O'Rourke and the memory of her.

"Leave Heather Alone!!"

Wild, I had no idea there was gonna be a remake.

Amen Shakingman, amen

will the new poltergeist movie be ready for 2010? who cares?:(

Hi friend !

Thanks for this information and i hope it would come up to 2010. I am also so excited about this movie and i think it will be so interested.

Last edited by jeckmartin (2008-12-11 00:48:05)

I agree, no need for this at all.

I cant say that I hate remakes because some of them are actually pretty good but... Poltergeist STILL works today. There is no need. I have a feeling they are going to fuck it up really bad like they fucked up The Fog remake. Most films dont need to be remade. Its pretty pointless.

I do not agree with the remake at all as I think it is very disrespectful to the memory of Heather O'Rourke! LEAVE IT ALONE..there will NEVER be another Carol Ann thats as good as Heather was in that role!

This site is rumoured to be hosting the trailer for a rebooted Poltergeist movie, based on the original.

Link posted on Total Film magazine forums.