Topic: Day the Earth Stood Still DVD Contest

With the remake about to hit theatres what better time to revisit the classic original film. So with that in mind we are giving away a copy of the original Day The Earth Stood still on DVD.
A spaceship lands in Washington D.C., capturing the attenti...

Read More : Day the Earth Stood Still DVD Contest

Re: Day the Earth Stood Still DVD Contest

Nice idea, that is such a great film.

Yeah one of the best films to come out of the 50's.

thanks great film

big_smile  Sweet!   big_smile

Last edited by phylagain (2008-12-02 06:42:48)

A classic. Not sure yet what to make of the Keanu version, time will tell.

This is one of my favorite old films.  When I was a kid this movie was pretty scary for its time.
I am looking forward to watching the remake. 
Good contest.

good deal i was literally jst talking qabout this movie yeaterday with my friend Bear... entering this 4 sure.

I saw the remake today. it was good and worth the ticket price but i was disapointed at how weak the story was. there was some familiar elements from the origional but over all this movie did not scare me like the origional does. I feel the origional had a more powerful message than this version. also the purpose of the alien was more pronounced in the origional and a greater sence of urgancy from the alien in the first movie than in this one. In the remake keanu come across less passionate and more robotic. Don't get me wrong. gort ( the robot) was way super cool and the movie was still decent. Also the new x-man/wolverine trailer played at the beginning and that was quite awesome. looks like we will get all the answers to wolverines past and the beginning of the mutants in that one. i am excited and look forward.

Sounds cool, heard the new one is pretty lame though. Not really surprising though roll