Topic: Scream (Canadian horror netwrok

I was watching Scream 2 on Scream lastnight & with about 1/2 hour to go (after rewindind it digital tv) it skipped forward twice. My remote controsl was on the coffee table untouched. it kind of peeved me off since it was a free preview . Also it seesm that Scream shows the same movies every few days & alot of the are not horror but action. All the more reason i don't order it

Re: Scream (Canadian horror netwrok

Canadian Ripper wrote:

I was watching Scream 2 on Scream lastnight & with about 1/2 hour to go (after rewindind it digital tv) it skipped forward twice. My remote controsl was on the coffee table untouched. it kind of peeved me off since it was a free preview . Also it seesm that Scream shows the same movies every few days & alot of the are not horror but action. All the more reason i don't order it

I started a Scream Television thread awhile ago, and I said that I feel Scream really sucks.  I have it as part of my cable package, but I would not spend money to buy it a la carte.  The channel plays way too many thriller, action films i.e. Independance Day, Broken Arrow, etc constantly, and doesn't play enough actual Horror.  I actually really enjoy Drive-In Classics for the simple reason that the channel actually plays lots of great TROMA stuff from The Toxic Avenger to Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. and all kinds of other great B-movies.  Most of the Canadian digital cable channels have a very low viewership, and as a result the budgets are low, hence the fact the channels generally have a 6 or 8 hour loop of shows in a 24-hour period and that causes tons of repetition.

i gotta agree SCREAM is not worth getting.

I have Scream on my satellite package and yeah it isn't that good. I watch more of Drive-In Classics than Scream channel. Sometimes Drive-In Classics show some grindhouse flicks that you don't see very often. They are also on a loop but I think it's better than Scream.

Scream isn't good for much of anything besides the odd time catching something rare like the movie, Are You Afraid of the Dark?

I used to really enjoy Scream, but now having it for years I have grown to hate it. I only keep it because it's part of a package I subscribe to. If they would add some different movies every once and a while it would be better, but the keep playing the same movies over and over again. I can't even remember the last movie I watched on there.

I have the station too. In fact, I had completely forgot that I even had it until I saw this thread. I used to watch it now and then ,but like already noted, they show way too many thrillers and action. Die Hard With A Vengeance is always on. Although I did catch Night of The Creeps, Last House on The Left, Inferno, Black Christmas and a few other movies on there. Its hit and miss really.

I was soo excited to get scream and yet i've barely watch it...