Topic: House of Dracula tonight at 2:30 on AMC.

This one isn't shown that much; however it still has all the classic Universal trappings.It's also worth seeing for LON CHANEY JR and  JOHN CARRADINE miscast as DRACULA. All in all it's something you should at least see once to check out some horror history. The first DRACULA is on before it, but I'm going to watch watch LOGAN'S RUN instead. I 'll hold off on watching the LUGOSI DRACULA for the next time.

Re: House of Dracula tonight at 2:30 on AMC.

2:30 what time zone?
so i know when it comes on here in Michigan...

If I only had a TV.

fireyredhead wrote:

The OHIO time zone. I think it's the same as there, 2:30 a.m. on AMC. It's really a cool little film on the tail end of the UNIVERSAL cycle. The next one would be the last as well as the second and last time LUGOSI played DRACULA. This one is not  comedy/horror ,however. I hate how it's difficult to find these late night listing anymore. LOVE, OLD TODBROWNING1.

Last edited by TODBROWNING1 (2007-02-16 18:13:55)

fireyredhead wrote:

Are you a fan of universal horror films?  I love love UNIVERSAL; however, I think HAMMER horror is ignored for some reason. Thoughts? SEE YA, TOD!

I dont know if I'm a fan of Universal but I am a fan of vampire and Dracula movies. This looks like one I havent seen. Thanks for the info. See ya in tvland about 2:30.

Fireyredhead, just remember this film is old and there might be some eye rolling moments. TOD!

Last edited by TODBROWNING1 (2007-02-16 19:57:45)

I am an old movie buff, trust me. For a gift, a friend of mine got me this box set of horror films that was called Frightfest. All old movies, all worth more than most played today.

I don't like that dracula movie

DemonToSome wrote:

It's still worth seeing one time,at least. You at least get a plethora of monsters.

Maybe I'll stay up that late to check it out.  Or I'll probably end up falling asleep like I usually do.

TODBROWNING1 wrote:
DemonToSome wrote:

It's still worth seeing one time,at least. You at least get a plethora of monsters.

It's been such a long time that I've seen it, but I remember Carradine so clearly as Dracula and it just didn't seem right tongue but I know i should give it another watch.
But won't be able to on that tv network.

Watching Dracula right now.. The Spanish version is much better in my opinion.. But however I do really like the Renfield character in the American version much more.. That guy is crazy.. When he is climbing out of the ships hold is probably one of the scariest moments in my opinon in the classic Universal films...

I don't think Hammer gets overlooked at all.. There are people all over who absolutely LOVE Hammer.. Maybe not in the mainstream but Hammer has a very dedicated following..

oh shit... Dwight Frye is the best Renfield. flies flies hey cooper sang a balad of Dwight Frye. yeahhh

Yea Dwight Frye.. That guy is creepy as hell.. That was a perfect casting choice.. In my opinion he really made that movie.. As much as Bela Lugosi is praised for the role I really think Frye was overlooked..

Yes he is. He's the creepiest character in dracula

I think I missed that version.

I fell asleep. I tried to stay up but I fell asleep on Lugosi. *sigh* I'll look for the movie online.

Goon wrote:

Watching Dracula right now.. The Spanish version is much better in my opinion.. But however I do really like the Renfield character in the American version much more.. That guy is crazy.. When he is climbing out of the ships hold is probably one of the scariest moments in my opinon in the classic Universal films...

I don't think Hammer gets overlooked at all.. There are people all over who absolutely LOVE Hammer.. Maybe not in the mainstream but Hammer has a very dedicated following..

I just wish they would show more HAMMER films on AMC and TCM. There are so many good ones. AMC has the problem of showing the same movies over and over. They could show a greater variety of great films and get better ratings. Just my opinion.

I watched Dracula beforehand, and most of House of Dracula; just couldn't stay awake. It was good though, both of them. It was my first time seeing either of those movies ^^

scatterheart wrote:

I watched Dracula beforehand, and most of House of Dracula; just couldn't stay awake. It was good though, both of them. It was my first time seeing either of those movies ^^

I'm one of the people who help carry the magic of the golden and silver age of horror, while still enjoying the new stuff.  I got a few to watch these classics; mission accomplished.

Trust me, I respect the oldies A LOT.  I'm still young, and was raised on the "newer" age horror.  I'd like to check out a lot of the hammer films and what not.  If you have any recommendations, please let me know.