Topic: The Sisters (2004)

I know how many members here are fans of asian horror movies, along with unheard ones. Well i actually came across this movie, which is actually based on a true story that took place in Thailand.

Description:

A group of teen musicians check into a hotel after a night of performance outside of Bangkok, not knowing that the room they are staying in harbors a deadly secret. They must set out to solve the mystery behind a prostitute's murder in that very room to save their lives.

Trailer:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIWKxSENo6c[/youtube]

Review:

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_3480.htm

Re: The Sisters (2004)

kool , thx for the info BDD , i will check this out

Oh no problem at all eDogg. Anytime. Yeah where i actually found it was over at Walmart for at a reasonable price too.

this looks creepy as hell...and there's plenty of hot asian ladies for our viewing pleasure big_smile

Oh this movie is definitely creepy as hell. It's what asian horror movies are all about, twisted, creepy, and so on. There are plenty of parts that all you can say to yourself is WTF. B/c i sure as hell was keep on saying that. Oh and there are a couple of hot asians in the movie. You will enjoy this movie. Trust me.

Not too shabby looking at all. I will check it out.

Oh yeah and one more note about this movie. With many asian horror movies, quite a bit of them is in another language and you have to read the subtitles throughout the entire movie. Well if that does bother you, you can have the audio set to English. So you can watch the entire movie in English.

I like my asian films to be dubbed in english but alot of them aren't so I don't mind subtitles nowadays. A few years ago I hated the subtitle ones but i'm use to them now.

another great review BDD! the movie looks great. i'll be checking it out

omg, I never even thought of watching these in english.  duh, constantce.   

Thanks, BDD, for saving me from my own stupidity!

Constantce wrote:

omg, I never even thought of watching these in english.  duh, constantce.   

Thanks, BDD, for saving me from my own stupidity!

Oh no problem Constantce. Anytime. I'm glad i could help and tell you about that. I thought you would of known about to do that with asian horror movies. Hmmm. Well now you know.

RIP wrote:

I like my asian films to be dubbed in english but alot of them aren't so I don't mind subtitles nowadays. A few years ago I hated the subtitle ones but i'm use to them now.

Well see i actually do both. Watch it either in English or with subtitles. See if i can watch it in English i will definitely watch it. But if it's not available, i will still watch it with the subtitles. Watching movies with subtitles don't bother me at all. I will watch any asian horror movie that looks and sounds good. Also, another point is that even if the English dub isn't available. So either way i will never stop watching asian horror movies that can only be viewed by reading subtitles throughout the entire movie.

^ yeah, you'd think.  I guess I'm not as smart as I look.  Wait, I don't look smart.  I look like a bimbette.

Constantce wrote:

^ yeah, you'd think.  I guess I'm not as smart as I look.  Wait, I don't look smart.  I look like a bimbette.

LOL now that's funny. But hey don't feel bad. Not that many people actually know that they can actually switch the audio so that it can actually be in English. So don't feel bad. Hey that's why i said what i said. B/c i figured that not that people on here knew that they can switch the audio and then there are other people who don't know how to change the audio within the movie. So hey not everyone knows how to do everything.

Kill The Firstborn wrote:

another great review BDD! the movie looks great. i'll be checking it out

Thank you so much for enjoying reading all my reviews KTFB. I really appreciate it. I think you will definitely find this movie creepy, intriguing, and entertaining. Which you will be also asking yourself that you couldn't believe this is based on a true story.

When this movie came out , it was riding on the coat tails of Ju-On by getting a similiar Kayako ghost ripoff complete with a pasty ghost child.

The acting is quite amateurish at times.