Topic: Midnight Meat Train Concept Art

Ryuhei Kitamura is coming back to the horror genre after he finished up Godzilla Final Wars in a big way. He has taken over one of Clive Barkers best short stories Midnight Meat Train and will be turning it into a feature film. The cast will consist ...

Read More : Midnight Meat Train Concept Art

Re: Midnight Meat Train Concept Art

That art is pure Clive Barker. I think alot of his art is way out there, but I like some of it. You can definitely tell which are his paintings, thats for sure.
I can't wait for this movie to come out and I hope Kitamura does justice with it.

I think the art is pretty badass.  The poster is no different.

Yea at FOF a couple years back I got to see Clive Barker paint in person.. It was a pretty cool experience but I have never been a huge fan.. I mean its cool stuff as "artwork" but as far as concept art goes I like more of a real look.. If that makes sense..

WOW... goon I wish I could see Barker paint in persn.you lucky shit smile  But his art isn't meant tot look reaal. It's fantasy horror like his stories

Heh yea.. I mean I like his stuff as "art".. You know stuff you would see in Musuems and whatnot.. Its cool I would hang his stuff on my walls for sure.. I guess what I am trying to say is that when I want to see concept art I would like to see a more realistic look.. Soimething that will give us a good idea of what we will see in the film..

ok i hear ya... his art has nothing to do with film, maybe cause they can't reproduce right.  He's doing his thing and if anyone likes it then fine. It's like zappa if anyone likes whats he does great... but they do/did it for their own enjoyment

I get what your trying to say.  Concept art should look a little bit more realistic.  Isn't that the point?  But yeah, I'd hang his art on my walls for sure.