Topic: Hell Girl

There was a post a little while back with a picture of a girl dressed up as the female Hellboy counterpart.  So, when I saw Hell Girl listed on the IFC channel, that's what I expected... but not what I got. 

Hell Girl is a new anime series about characters who are so hellbent on getting vengence that they are willing to sacrifice their own souls.  The first episode focuses on a bullying victim in middle school.  By the time she breaks, you are completely ready for her to unleash demons on the bitch. 

It's not at all related to Hellboy, but it is awesome, so if you have the opportunity, check it out. 

DTV channel 550 / IFC
It airs throughout the week, but new episodes are Tuesdays, EST at 8 and 11 pm.

Re: Hell Girl

hellgirl aka Jigoku Shoujo is a japanese horror anime , there's also a live action tv series of the anime.

Live action tv series?  You're kidding me!  Exciting....

thanks for the heads up Constantce. just threw it in my queue. big_smile

Constantce wrote:

Live action tv series?  You're kidding me!  Exciting....

It's not as good as the anime obviously , it's quite mild compared to the anime since it's mainstream tv. You can see footage of the show on youtube. The live action series has 12 episodes.

Heard the anime is worth checking out. Must get my hands on it.

cool beans, hybid.  queue for netflix or dvr?

^ netflix

^ OK - I was curious because if you were going to jump into the series as it's airing, I might have to tell you about a recurring character (not one of the main ones).