Topic: Hellraiser Video Question

I was just reading about a video edition of Hellraiser that has a added segment before or after the movie: a home shopping show where some old lady is selling merchandise from the film. Does anyone know what edition this was? U.S., British? Year? Thanks in advance.

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

I haven't seen that on my DVD edition.

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

I'm guessing it was on an early VHS version. I have a copy of Nightbreed on VHS with Clive Barker introducing the film and that intro isn't on the DVD edition.

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

just watched hellraiser on vhs US edition nothing on it from what you wrote above

Last edited by 666 (2007-02-16 11:29:28)

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

Maybe it is on a UK edition.

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

Can't remember the last time I watched a VHS...get with the times already smile

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

GET WITH THE TIMES
shakingman your movie collection must be small if it only on dvd i started collecting a long time ago and at the time it was only vhs that does not mean i am not with the (times) most of my collection is vhs so i am not going to sell or find them in dvd if there is nothin wrong with them and all new movies are dvds

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

What's old CLIVE BARKER up to; does anyone know?

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

Working as producer to some capacity appearently on Midnight Meat Train.

If there is a Masters of Horror Season 3 from what Mick Garris said a while ago Barker told him he would be interested in getting behind the camera as director again.

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

TODBROWNING1 wrote:

What's old CLIVE BARKER up to; does anyone know?

Clive Barker's writing the ultimate Hellraiser story. The Scarlet Gospels which will have Pinhead and another of his well known character's in it, detective Harry D'Armour.

It's the end of Pinhead. Pinhead dies........ Clive Barker wants to end him his own way!

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

It's not on my DVD edition, either.

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

i have the 1998 VHS edition (US), nothin on it like wat u said, i watched the whole credits till the movie stopped by itsself.

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

DemonToSome wrote:
TODBROWNING1 wrote:

What's old CLIVE BARKER up to; does anyone know?

Clive Barker's writing the ultimate Hellraiser story. The Scarlet Gospels which will have Pinhead and another of his well known character's in it, detective Harry D'Armour.

It's the end of Pinhead. Pinhead dies........ Clive Barker wants to end him his own way!

I really like BARKER's prose. As a director it's more iffy, but he's a damned great writer. I thought NIGHTBREED was an original film ,however.

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

I agree.  Clive Barker is a great writer.

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

pinheads dead no horror movie charactor ever dies some new punk will bring him back to life and start a new chain of bad movies

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

666 wrote:

GET WITH THE TIMES
shakingman your movie collection must be small if it only on dvd i started collecting a long time ago and at the time it was only vhs that does not mean i am not with the (times) most of my collection is vhs so i am not going to sell or find them in dvd if there is nothin wrong with them and all new movies are dvds

My VHS horror collection is twice as big (if not bigger) than my DVD collection and I would never trade them or get rid of them either. Also, sometimes there are things on those older tapes that you might not see on the latest DVD copies. Like old trailers or this damn extra feature on Hellraiser I've heard about.

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

I just watched my original Hellraiser VHS tape 1988 US edition and it only has a trailer for a 1987 movie "The Killing Time".

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

DemonToSome wrote:

I just watched my original Hellraiser VHS tape 1988 US edition and it only has a trailer for a 1987 movie "The Killing Time".

Thanks for checking. It must be on a foreign edition. That or it doesn't actually exist.

Re: Hellraiser Video Question

It would still be pretty cool to see that "lost footage".  If anyone can find it, let the boards know.