Topic: What's the last book you read or bought?

I just ordered 2 novels on amazon.com:

The Amityville Horror(paperback) by Jay Anson

Jaws(hardcover) by Peter Benchley

Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

The last book I read was 'Let the Right One In' and I loved it.  I don't know why they didn't keep some of the details in the film unless they thought that a love story between a chubby, incontinent kleptomaniac and a castrated boy, dressing as a girl, and living with a paedophile who gets him/her blood in exchange for being allowed the odd fiddle, might not be quite so touching and beautiful...and yet it is, maybe even more so than in the film.  smile

The last book I bought was the collected ghost stories of M.R. James which I am reading just now because Christmas and M.R. James go really well together.  cool

^ Ooh, love the Amityville book.  With the flies counting the chapters!

I just read Clive Barker's Mister B. Gone.  It was fantastic and really different. Also a book about graphic novels.  It gave a taste of all the major titles.  Title and author escape me right now, but if someone's interested, I can find out.     And I'm guessing a lot of books coming my way for Christmas.

Constantce wrote:

^ Ooh, love the Amityville book.  With the flies counting the chapters!

I

I haven't read the Amityville novel since I was a teenager lol and finally found it for sell new for $8.00 on amazon.com:cool:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516VUMu5cQL._SS500_.jpg

The Living Dead. It's a collection of short stories. some good, some are just ok.

Let the Right one in and Battle Royale. I like the Battle Royale movie much better than the book.

The first Sandman book (Gaiman), the Heroes graphic novel, a Hiyao Miyazaki bio and filmography - thank you Santa!!!!!  Oh yes, didn't start reading it, but also got The Road.

Constantce wrote:

The first Sandman book (Gaiman), the Heroes graphic novel, a Hiyao Miyazaki bio and filmography - thank you Santa!!!!!  Oh yes, didn't start reading it, but also got The Road.

Sandman's interesting, but I found it hard to get into, probably just me though tongue  The Miyazaki bio sounds really cool though! And The Road is awesome also

I just ordered Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill

i recently read "The Road" 

It was amazing and I can't wait to see the movie

jackalqueen wrote:

You'll like it wink
Death Walks The Streets comic (finally!!!!) yippee tongue

There are way too many books on my last read list to mention big_smile I usually have at least 4 or 5 on the go at once.

thedeadshallrule wrote:
jackalqueen wrote:

You'll like it wink

Thanks! I didn't know anyone else that'd read it so just took a chance that it was as good as it sounds. smile

jackalqueen wrote:

This was actually the last book i read - very good book.

I received Stephen Kings It for christmas to replace the copy i lent to someone and never got back.
This should keep me busy for a while.:lol:

Bought and currently reading Clive Barker's MISTER B. GONE.

nick and norah's infinite playlist

I just bought, and surprisingly am enjoying Bret Hart's autobiography.  I'd recommend it to anyone who remotely likes wrestling, absolutely makes a lot of people look bad and lots of sex!

Zomboy, sounds like we have really similar interests!

to all:  Heart Shaped Box was a really great read.  I think I read it in two sittings.  It was really visual.

Golden Simitar - you'll have to let me know how you like Mister B. Gone.  I loved it.  Is it me or was there an illustration of Botch in a long ago Rue Morgue? 

Ironically, the Sandman is keeping me up nights and giving me super-wierd nightmares!  I am really enjoying it and have felt chills more than a few times.

Look for me by moonlight,  Twilight rip off.

2 Xmas presents I'll be devouring shortly:

The Book Of The Dead
Nightmare USA  - TimTheZombie - word. smile -

You da man, DH.  It's a big one, eh?  wink

haven't actually laid eyes on it yet, but yeah!  (still in transit from amazon, LOL)

Trust me, it's bigger than you think.  It's almost as big as my... Desire to finish it!

that's what your mom said lol lol lol lol you know I'm only kiddin' tongue LOL

Last edited by deadhorse13 (2008-12-28 15:14:31)

Can one you Mod's make this thread sticky........I know what you're thinking but I'm not that drunk or perverted yet lol.