Topic: White Noise 2 Pulled from US?

White Noise 2 according to Fangoria has been yanked from its US theatrical release after it BOMBED over seas. I am sure alot of you are making knowing looks right now, as you knew the movie would be crap. It looks like in the US it will be a str...

Read More : White Noise 2 Pulled from US?

Re: White Noise 2 Pulled from US?

It probably would have bombed here in the states anyway.  The only reason I'd want to check out this film is to see Nathon Fillion play a some what serious role.  Other than that, it's a pass for me.

i think the source on this news item was wrong. I just got word its actually getting a spring theatrical release. I am gonna try and verify it

can sumone tell me why the hell these assholes are making sequels to these gay ass movies i saw boogyman and white noise in the mvoies with my friends and both had sum scares but the story sucked to b honest i own white noise cuz i throught it was ok to watch once in a while but it doesnt need a sequel and neither does boogyman wake up call hollywood make better movies jesus christ come on theres plenty of ideas out there use them if ur gonna make sequels do it to the classics movies like friday the 13th or halloween a new nightmare on elm street

One word:

Money.

I enjoyed White Noise and found it to be a great movie.  A saw the trailer for the sequel and it looked quite stupid.  I know they would want to try something new in a sequel, but this just looked stupid.  I may or may not see it, it could be a good movie.

i'm not surprised the first one wasn't very good at all.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the original.

Whodathunk. The first one was such a winner?!

To each in his own.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

To each in his own.

Exactly.

Though everything about the original didn't work for me, I really enjoyed the concept.  It's one of those movies that you watch with your friends and it sparks great talks about the afterlife.

If you did like this film, try Jacob's Ladder.  It's another one of those movies that have people arguing about what happens when we die.

Jacob's Ladder is one of my all time faves....and on the same what happens when we die...try Donnie Darko - you want debate!

White Noise, I agree, the concept intrigued me, but the movie sucked. So White Noise 2 will remain on the DvD shelf when I go shopping!

It's a shame, really.  I think Nathan Fillion is a great actor and would very much like him to suceed.  I didn't really expect this movie to do well and I'm surprised a sequel to White Light was greenlit, but I was so hoping this movie would do well.

We've still got slither, though.

I just watched White Noise 2 The Light, Nathan Fillion (Much like Michael Keaton in the original) did a very good job with what he had to work with, As for what i thought of the movie itself i will save for my review, Look for that to be up sometime this weekend, (Its almost like starting over, Its been about a fucking year since i wrote one last, Hope i've not lost my skills hehe

i emailed the distributor about the release in theatres on this side of the pond and they ignored me.

Even if it does get a release over here, this is probably something I will have to wait and see on DVD.

I live in St. Catharines and even though we have a population of about 200,000 (with the smaller districts around us), we only have an Empire theatre with 8 screens.  Many of the smaller films don't even get here.

Luckily I am only an hour drive from Toronto and the Bloor cinema which brings in a lot of the "smaller" films.

I need to win the lottery so I can open a rep theatre in Niagara.

the bloor cinema does play some great stuff. We shoudl hook up and go sometime.

Meh wrote:

the bloor cinema does play some great stuff. We shoudl hook up and go sometime.

I'll be there Thursday for Phantasm (assuming this storm clears up).

Of course, I need me some Korean BBQ before across the street.

First of all, keep the gay comments to yourself sickf**k.  i don't appreciate them in the slightest.  Prick.  secondly.  the sequel sounds too much like final destination.  Save people from the death you know they will suffer only for things to come out horribly wrong...yeah, i think new line cinema should sue.  anyway.  Keep the "thats gay" comments to yourself, or stick your hand in a blender while it is on.  Those are your choices

I appreciate that his equating gay with "stupid" or "bad" is not very PC but sticking your hand in a blender?!?!

You're tougher than Judge Judy!!!

You definitely get my vote for the human rights police of the forum smile

kevinj4 wrote:

I appreciate that his equating gay with "stupid" or "bad" is not very PC but sticking your hand in a blender?!?!

You're tougher than Judge Judy!!!

You definitely get my vote for the human rights police of the forum smile

lol, Well thank you.  I just think that people don't think before they type.  I am here to make sure they lose limbs until they start thinking...  big_smile

TheResidentEvil, I'm sure sickf**k didn't mean any disrespect towards gay people.  It's one thing to ask him to stop, but it's another to shoot back with insults.  Please think of that before you flame someone again.  Thanks.