Topic: Valentine's Day

With the holiday surging upon us soon, does anyone have, In-the-mood Valentine horror movie suggestions? How about your top five, heart throbbing, blood red, dress up and dine Horror?

Re: Valentine's Day

Well theres the old early 80's Canadian flick - "My Bloody Valentine" for starters. About a crazy miner pissed off with Valentines day.

"Valentine" by Jamie Banks.  But believe me when I say... this movie is a piece of crap!  Stay away!  Far away!

MBV is one of my all time favorite Horror movies & watch it every year as a tradition! "Harry Warden Rules".Will there EVER be a sequel??? Will they ever release an uncut directors version???
Cattman.

http://www.postersnthings.com/posters/my_bloody_valentine.jpg

Hope you all had a good one!

Well, I had a snow day yesterday and got to watch movies.  In honour of Valentine's Day, I watched Carrie.

Pig's blood instead of roses for the prom

Hey, it still ended up better than most of my dates sad

They should make a movie called "Kevin: Carrie 2".  tongue

LOL

Sounds great but I don't have the legs for the prom dress sad

Om my, I watched Carrie on V. Day as well?
Kev next year let's watch it together? smile Hee hee!

TiM the Zombie wrote:

http://www.postersnthings.com/posters/m … entine.jpg

Hope you all had a good one!

I love the poster and saw the movie at the drive-in before I became a snob and loved it. Now , being a snob,----to hell with it! I'm done being  a snob! Bring on the horror ,so I can have fun.

Shakingman wrote:

Om my, I watched Carrie on V. Day as well?
Kev next year let's watch it together? smile Hee hee!

Sounds like a plan smile

Ok, now we have a Valentine's day movie covered, what should we watch for St. Patrick's day?

My choice is Street Trash.

a movie about alcohol that turns you into a pile of greenish goo seems to make sense.

I can watch Street Trash any time.

I've never actually seen "My Bloody Valentine".  I really like the poster, though.  Thought I should share it.

Oh Come on Leprachaun hands down...

Soylent Green hee hee

The Leprachaun films would make the most sense on St. Patricks Day.  If only most of them weren't so crappy...

True, the Leprecaun (sp) film would fit perfectly except that I have a hard time watching them - especially the one when they are in the hood!

I loved the Soylent Green idea - very creative!

So we have a few films to choose from while we're drinking our green beer.  The next occasion we need to plan for is Easter.

I can't think of anything more bloody and horrific than the Passion of the Christ.

It's funny how the right wing Christian fundamentalists often condemn our films for their violence and then praise this graffic depiction of the end of Christ's life.

"Back 2 Da' Hood" was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

That's a good point.  It's probably because "The Passion of the Christ" has some sort of Christian moral to it.  In the end, though, it's hypocrisy.