Re: What's the last book you read or bought?

Well I got the Jaws novel by Peter Benchley in the mail today and will start reading it sometime this weekend.:cool:

Got a whole stack, but as you know, I am currently reading Dead Tide, and totally enjoying it!

well for Christmas I got a Dean Koontz novel called The Darkest Evening of the Year, started reading it just a few days ago and am half way through. Dark and a very fun, sombre read big_smile

floridapossum wrote:

Got a whole stack, but as you know, I am currently reading Dead Tide, and totally enjoying it!

I love it that my first post here will be a thank you to you floridapossum.  Thanks for letting me know about the site too!

I just read two Richard Laymon books.  If you don't mind someone who goes over the edge (Laymon has been called Stephen King without a conscience), I'll recommend two of his books:  'Stake' and 'Quake.'  Easy enough to remember, eh?  The first is a vampire book and the second is a story about what happens when a big quake hits California.

Stephennorth I love Laymon too! smile Haven't read those two yet but alot of his others, the last one of his I read was the last in the series of the Beast House Novels. Absolutely riveting read! big_smile

Stake and Quake makes me hungry.  Funny you should mention Richard Laymon, I just heard of him about a week ago.  I can't remember how now, but, his work looks like something I would really enjoy.

Oh yea, and welcome Stephen, (one of my favorite zombie novel authors), oops, did I say that?  Well its true, glad to have you here.

floridapossum wrote:

Stake and Quake makes me hungry.

\

I can make you stake and quake, lol.......sorry I appologize....I couldn't resist at 4:00am here lol.:P:P:lol:

I got a Christmas present in the mail yesterday - Murder at Wayne Manor - it arrived late, obviously, and made it x-tra special!  It's an interactive mystery.  Fun!

BlackTequilaKiss wrote:

Stephennorth I love Laymon too! smile Haven't read those two yet but alot of his others, the last one of his I read was the last in the series of the Beast House Novels. Absolutely riveting read! big_smile

Hi BlackTequilaKiss (intriguing name),
The Beast House stories are good, I agree.  'Friday Night in the Beast House' probably grabbed me the most.  If you say that latest Koontz book is good, I'll have to check it out too.  Nice to meet you by the way.

Floridapossum, thanks again for the compliment.  I just bought Rhiannon Frater's zombie horror book and am waiting for it to arrive.  Is she one of your other favorites?  Any other recommendations?

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit but I just finished reading 'Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West' by Gregory Maguire... and liked it!  I was put off for ages by the fact it was made into a musical but the story is actually really good and I couldn't put it down once I got into it.

stephennorth wrote:

I just bought Rhiannon Frater's zombie horror book and am waiting for it to arrive.

You're in for a helluva ride with that one wink
I read the first draft over atmoviesonline (the sister site to this place) and it's essentially the reason I signed up for the forum there and eventually ended up here big_smile (now you all know who to blame)
The only problem you'll have with it is the wait for the next 2 installments wink

Oh yeah, welcome aboard the good ship insanityville big_smile

Almost done with Watchmen, 2 chapters left, it's terrific big_smile

I just bought 'Living With The Dead' by Kelley Armstrong.

Zomboy wrote:

Almost done with Watchmen, 2 chapters left, it's terrific big_smile

No, its better than that...

I got The Amityville Horror by Jay Anson novel in the mail yesterday.:cool:

^Excellent book Rip

I received the new Patricia Cornwell novel "Scarpetta" for Christmas, So for so good.

got a new copy of the Watchmen TPB

Zomboy, you are in for a treat with the end of the Watchmen.  Enjoying it?

Murder at Wayne Manor was fun, but the "mystery" was a little too easily solved.  Still, the interactive bit with envelopes and pics and other "evidence" was different.

Started The Road, and having a hard time with it because it hits too close to home with the young son.

MiseryGirl wrote:

^Excellent book Rip

I received the new Patricia Cornwell novel "Scarpetta" for Christmas, So for so good.

I started reading it last night.  Got thru 4 chapeters so far.  The plot has peaked my intrest.  I love her Scarpetta books but her Win Garano books are lacking meat.  They are kinda like a shell of a story.

I'm on book 9 of the Star Trek: New Frontier series big_smile  I never read any books until a few months ago so I guess thats a good thing.  After thats all over I'm gonna hit up my stack of Indiana Jones novels smile

I'm just about finished reading the Amityville Horror novel. I have like only 80 more pages left to read in it.

I'm actually reading Edward Lee's "City Infernal"  at the moment and have the other two in the series waiting in line.

The last book I bought is The Zombie Survival Guide, which I'm looking forward to reading.  The book I'm reading right now is Vampire Zero.

Today I bought 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill and also the new illustrated edition of Salem's Lot which is the book equivalent of a Director's cut, I suppose.  It's how Stephen King originally wanted the book to be before he had to cut it and it also contains alternate and deleted scenes.  As if all that wasn't good enough, it was reduced from £20 to £4!  big_smile