Topic: Werewolf

I was wondering how many fans out there like this series? In case you don't know what I am talking about, it's the series that aired in the late 80's starring John J. York and Chuck Connors. To me, it had the best transformation scenes ever (excluding AAWIL). In all I really love this series. The music they used (especially in the pilot) was also great. Anyhow, I would like to know what everyone thinks of this show smile

Re: Werewolf

LOVED it!  It even made my Top Ten Horror TV Shows a while back.  I miss it so much.  sad

It was a great series. You can still catch it on Chiller every now and then.

What a great show, i miss watching it, and im not the biggest fan of chiller because they do edit a little here and there, ive noticed it with a few friday the 13th episodes on there.

im going to just buy the werewolf series off someone i know who has copies, because i really dont think its going to be available on dvd anytime soon, due to some legal disputes between chuck connors and the producers awhile back.

Chiller did air it about a year or so ago. That was the whole reason I dropped cable and got directv lol. Luckily I recorded the episodes that they aired which was only 20 out of 29. The 9 they didn't show wasn't aired due to music rights. Fortunately I also had a pretty good set of tapes of the show. So I just transfered the 9 I needed from my old tape set and that left me with a really good 15 disc set, lol. I wish Chiller would show the series again for nothing else than to introduce it to a new fan base big_smile

I know there are some pretty good quality bootlegs of the series floating around, although I haven't seen them offered anywhere recently.

It's ashame they don't release it on dvd. That would be great. There's a couple of different forgotten shows I wish they would release. I guess though for now we'll just have to settle for what we can get

I have like 2 or 3 episodes of this Werewolf series on vhs that I recorded back in the 80's and wish that this cool werewolf show had never been cancelled during halfway through it's first season.

Yeah, I don't understand why they canceled it? At the time, to me, it was the best show on tv. That was before I appreciated Freddy's Nightmares, lol

Hmm some interesting info i found on the show.

The show aired a two-hour pilot and 28 half-hour episodes before being cancelled in 1988.

In July 1988, Blackthorne Publishing released a six-issue comic book series based on the show..

Chuck Connors last appeared as Janos Skorzeny in the ninth episode, "Friendly Haven" -- Skorzeny's subsequent appearances starting with "The Unicorn" only showed him in werewolf form, or played by a body double. It is unclear why Connors left the series at this point. The script for Skorzeny's final appearance in "To Dream Of Wolves" gave him a dialogue scene with Remy as the writers must have thought Connors would still be available to return, but all Skorzeny's dialogue was cut in the aired version. This was due to the fact that Connors objected to the scenes where his character Skorzeny knelt down in submission to the new villain. When a body double was used in his place along with archive footage, Connors successfully sued the show

I have a poster from the show I picked up when the the indy station here became one of the first fox affiliates.

Think I have a 21 jump street and a married with children too.

Mirthquake wrote:

I have a poster from the show I picked up when the the indy station here became one of the first fox affiliates.

Think I have a 21 jump street and a married with children too.

How much money do you want for the Werewolf poster?

I love that series. As a werewolf horror fan i was looking for other werewolf movies to get into but i could never find anything that good. then i came across werewolf the series and order the entire thing to watch. after only two epidsodes i loved it and i couldn't believe it never got another season!!! damn fox!!!

Softly murmurs "never seen it" but it sounds like great fun, wish I could smile

Venomous Nightshade wrote:

Softly murmurs "never seen it" but it sounds like great fun, wish I could smile

It definitely is. I would recommend it to everyone