Topic: So which film had the best witch of the Mother's trilogy?

I have now seen all 3 films of Dario Argento's Mother's trilogy: Suspiria, Inferno, and Mother of Tears.

To me Suspiria will always be my fave Argento of all time BUT which film had the better witch in it.

I didn't like the witch in Inferno at all so I left with a tossup between Suspiria lead witch of Mother of Tears witch. Mater Lachrymarum in Mother of Tears seemed to be the more evil and cruelier witch but the witch mother from Suspiria was also rather gross looking in her features towards the end when you finally she he become in visible in bed.

I don't know. I guess I will go with the Suspiria witch since that's my fave film but who do you think was a better witch in the trilogy?

Re: So which film had the best witch of the Mother's trilogy?

Susperia by a long shot.

Mater Suspiriorum has my vote as well.  I love all 3 movies but Suspiria was my first and will always be my favorite.

Like you mentioned RIP, the Mother of Tears witch seemed more evil which I'd have to side with, and the idea that she feeds off of other's suffering is potent. However, I thought the movie was pretty bad and the actress, although great to look at, was awful IMO. (In fact I had a hard time with Asia's performance as well, go figure) My favorite of the trilogy overall, is hands down Suspiria, but on a solely visual level I think Inferno is Argento's most gorgeous film to look at.

Of course I'll say Suspiria.

But, see.....it's not which film is the best of the 3 cause obiviously it's gonna be Suspiria big time. But I was just seeing which had the best witch in it of the 3 films?:lol:

as I initially said, The Mother of Tears (in theory smile )

I picked Suspiria, more compelling than the other two. The 2nd i did like how they revealed her when she broke through the mirror and her costume as well but had no intensity at all. The 3rd, well she was just naked through out the whole film and revealed her from the beginning while the others you have to wait to see them at the end. There's nothing scary or intimidating about a hot naked chick, even if shes a witch.

RIP wrote:

But, see.....it's not which film is the best of the 3 cause obiviously it's gonna be Suspiria big time. But I was just seeing which had the best witch in it of the 3 films?:lol:

The witch at the end of suspiria.

Suspiria_89 wrote:
RIP wrote:

The witch at the end of suspiria.

Ok, that's what I agree with cause you don't see her til the end and she was hideous and then got stabbed in the throat by Suzy Banyon.

i have no idea what your talking about. lol  i have not read a book since the 80's. I know its sad.

I thought Madame Blanc was just the teacher there in Suspriria at the school but I forgot the name of the real witch til the end of the flick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YZxsfCsZIk

I'll go with the witch from Inferno, if only because she turned into Death (although with a very cheap effect). Suspiria's witch was a major let-down and, well, Mother of Tears is Mother of Tears.

I just got Inferno on dvd in the mail yesterday cheap on the net. I had it on vhs but gave it to my buddy Loud on here last year but decided to upgrade it just to add it to my collection.

Well I would include Joan Bennett in Suspiria. In this as she did all the work and instigated most if not all the killings, the one that owned the school originally was a bit worn out, apart from at the end. But Suspiria was the most effective.

Mater Tenebrarum. The mother of darkness.