Topic: Hitcher on DVD April 24th?

According to BloodyDisgusting the Hitcher is hitting DVD April 24th. Seems a bit quick if you ask me but then if you didnt spend much making it, and it made good money in theatres why not slam it right onto dvd? I will however believe it when I see i...

Read More : Hitcher on DVD April 24th?

Re: Hitcher on DVD April 24th?

Well don't forget sometimes when a film does badly it usually goes quick to DVD.  I think that flick with the American Idol winners holds the shortest time of about a month or so.

Heh yea From Justin to Kelly.. Now that was HORROR movie.. Yea they are probably looking to hurry up and make some money off of it.. Most likely they will.. DVD is such a strong market now as long as you don't spend a shitload of money DVD will definetly make you some cash..

Thanks for the warning, Meh.

Yeah, movies make bank on DVD.  I think Underworld did about $50 million or so in DVD within the first few months of its release...combined with its $90million or so world wide take....definatly you can add a lot more dough to your film and help generate franchises.

Or in some cases, try to at least make your money back.

I think it's because this is just a film that came and went.

just an update:  It will be hitting the Wal-mart $5 bin on April 26th...

TiM the Zombie wrote:

I think it's because this is just a film that came and went.

Can't agree more.  After like the 3rd week of release I didn't see it anywhere in my area.  Just dropped from radar.