Topic: Thai horror movies

Anyone into Thai horror movies? They really seem to be making an industry of it. I quite enjoyed Shutter, even though it obviously relied on Japanese horror elements. Just saw 4bia, which is an anthology of four horror shorts (three average, one good).

Re: Thai horror movies

I have like over 40 asian horror dvds but I can't tell which is chinese from japanese to Thai films lol. I have a thread on here somewhere of "Asian horror dvd collection" but I have no idea which films are from which countries. It's all asian to me lol.:P:lol:

I have no idea if I've seen any Thai horror before, anybody got some suggestions? I think there was a pretty good one that came out recently, was it Ong Bak? mabye I'm wrong...

Haha, never mind, that's not a horror movie,  just looked it up tongue

isn't The Host Thai?

you can tell it's Thai by the charcters.  their alphabet is different from most of the Asian characters i have seen.  i enjoy Thai movies.  i noticed that Meat Grinder is Thai.

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

isn't The Host Thai?

No that's Korean.

The original Shutter is Thai.
Other recommendations would be Art of the Devil series.

Thank you, I too have some movies confused

I'm not really into the asian movies.

the Art Of The Devil series is Thai. Thats one of my favorites. I also enjoyed Shutter.

Some thai movies

The sisters (a rip-off of Ju-on)

Scared (a slasher horror flick)

Body Jumper (a horror comedy)

Sars Wars (a zombie horror comedy)

Vengeance (a horror action movie)

Yeah Shutter is a great Thai flick.
The Eye 2.
Those are the only Thai movies I have that I know of but I do have bunch of Asian films.

Sick Nurses is another pretty good Thai film.

The eye 2 isn't thai , the directors the pang brothers are thai born but the movie isn't thai , it's in chinese.

Check out "Phobia: as well..cool little Thai horror anthology...

...and a Thai food shout out to swimming rama...That's just fricking delicious...

Yes, I'm a chubby dude...

If you like thai movies...you should check out:  The Victim, Sigaw, The Unborn (Thai version), Dorm.

Also, a few of the good Asian horror movies: the Red Shoes, Face, Wishing Stairs, Acacia, Carved, Re-cycle, The Monster.

Alone is a really cool Thai flick.  Lizard Woman sucks.  Necromancer is decent.  Ghost Game was ok.  I am pretty sure Re-cycle is Thai.   999-9999 is a fun little film too.

::happy dance:: I love Thai horror movies

fmvgamer wrote:

The eye 2 isn't thai , the directors the pang brothers are thai born but the movie isn't thai , it's in chinese.

Thanks for the correction.

hi everyone ...hahaha i hope you will enjoy all Thai horror movies. My goal is to show people how wonderful the magic from Thailand is. big_smile
Search the titless : Takean, Three, Bangkok Haunted, Body Jumper, Nang Nak, Dorm, 4BIA, The commitment, The Hotel, Demonic Beauty, The Mother, Lizard Woman, Necromancer, Hell, The Screen, Ghost Mother, The Coffin:o:o:o:o:o

Some Viet horror movies ok?:
-Dem trong can nha hoang
-oan hon
-hon ma bao oan

Some chinese horror movies:
-Bao ung hien doi
-Hon ma doi mang
-written by 2009
-the gioi tam linh
-the gioi di tinh

What's the english title for those ?!

Thai horror movies are a mixed bag , so many of them are crap and cheap looking that you need to sort out which are actually good.

Hi Guys
"One Miss Call"
I really Love this horror movie. If anybody seen to this movie. Please  give me you concept about this movie. Becoz i want to know that how many persons like this movie.

One missed call is from Japan , not a thai movie. wink

First one missed call was pretty good but the sequels , not so good. The american remake - not that good either. The tv series remake of one missed call was all right if only to expand the storyline even though it's pretty low budget. smile

I think the English title for this movie is Phobia and Phobia 2. Those are pretty awesome. Also there is one called Who are youใคร... ในห้อง. I'm not sure if there's a version with english subtitles though. For any of you who are Thai or maybe understand Thai โปรแกรมหน้า วิญญาณอาฆาต and บอดี้ศพ #19 or body...sop 19 is the english titile literally