Topic: What's your type of horror?

I was just thinking of what do I like in a horror movie.  My humble opinion is a healthy dose of everything, though I admit to not liking too much grossness.

Re: What's your type of horror?

Awesome poll, skid!

I went with two, actually.  I picked, "That really creep me out man...", and, "EEEWWWW! Gross!".  I really like films that go over the top.  I'm a bit of a gorehand and love to get "grossed" out.  It's not often, but a few films actually creep me out, which I look at as a huge success in the film's part.  For instance, the trailer for Dead Silence... yikes.  That film is going to creep the shit out of me.  I know it.

Blowing off a zombies head, or people being torn apart by a horde of walking cadavers, and eaten makes me hard every time.

I had to vote for the middle two choices.  Though I haven't been scared or grossed out by a movie yet, those are my favorite qualities of horror movies.

i had to vote for the first...love it when i get scared during a movie but it hasnt happened in awhile

I picked them all... each one fits into different types of horror movies that I like tongue
If they are all in the same flick then thats cool too.

I picked out "creeped me out" & "wtf", gross is still very important but for a movie to scare me more...the first two are the most important.  But the WTF's cannot be cheapos.

I think something should creep you out.  That way it has a much stronger way of affecting one's mind.

1 and 2 for me...check my Top Ten and DvD Collection...it's all there.

Cool and thanks for your input.  I hope someone from Hollywood is reading these polls!

I picked WTF and creeped out but I also like gory movies aswell..

I Like A Horror Movie That Dosent Die Out Towards The Middle.i Like Blood And Gore All The Way Through!

My first choice is jump factor. A really good horror flick is gonna make me jump. But creep factor is there too.  I like really good creepiness. But if a horror movie knows what its doing, the two will blend seamlessly together.

fireyredhead wrote:

My first choice is jump factor. A really good horror flick is gonna make me jump. But creep factor is there too.  I like really good creepiness. But if a horror movie knows what its doing, the two will blend seamlessly together.

I have to agree with everything you just said. The best horror movies are the ones that have both.

I like a movie that can really creep me out even after it is over but movies like that are hard to find.

To be honest i love them all. But seeing every horror movie ever made, i have never jumped seeing any horror movie in my life. Not one single one. But my favorite ones are the most sadistic, twisted, and sickest movies, especially japanese horror movies and one at the top of my head is Faces of Death.

watching horror movies in the dark.

tommy2535 wrote:

watching horror movies in the dark.

thats the only way to watch a horror movie!

What can make a great horror film is when a director can properly mix a least two of the types together.

I think thats the problem nowadays. Finding a director who knows what good horror is. Being able to blend a couple of elements together successfully. To me, horror has been so-so recently. Saw has been the only movie that really rocked my world. Hostel was fun but it didnt really bring in the jump factor or creepiness I love so much. It was a good flick, dont get me wrong, but it was missing some elements. And movies like Wolf Creek and Grudge and Hills HAve Eyes, I was so disappointed. No, we need so directors that arent afraid to out on a limb and take some chances. Some producers and studios who say, you know what, I dont think we have any movies out there that are really challenging our viewers. I think we need to bring back some of the old elements. Thats what made horror so successful to begin with.

I agree with you firey, good post.

*edit* but i do like Hostel, Wolf Creek and The Hills Have Eyes though. tongue

Last edited by DemonToSome (2007-02-27 15:00:27)