Topic: Gears of War Movie To be a Trilogy

Len Wiseman has taken the wrapping off the long gestating Gears of War movie and revealed some details in a recent red carpet walk. BD tells us it will be possibly done in 3-D and will be a very dark trilogy;

“I’m writing Gears Of War ...

Read More : Gears of War Movie To be a Trilogy

Re: Gears of War Movie To be a Trilogy

Ehhh I dunno about the trilogy.  I mean make one and see.  Afterall, it could turn out good or it could turn out like Doom.  So do one & leave it open ended, see what the response from fans is, and then determine if a sequel/trilogy is then worth it.

And I'm one of the few who didnt like 300 and thought it looked like crap.

Jmh, for the love of the almighty, don't bring up DOOM tongue  It got screwed by studio bosses who were afraid of all the Hell elements in the game.

But I do agree in making one and seeing what reaction is.  There's enough that goes on in GEARS that should provide adequate movie material.

GEARS could be genius. but yeah lets  not even talk about Doom.

DOOM (the movie) was freaking hilarious! The games were so creepy!
I think these could be good, but I would prefer if they stuck to horror. Although I am not a huge gamer, I think this could make some freaky movies, or a freaky movie. It's all about atmosphere.

the Doom movie was an absolute joke with the rock?!?!

Gears should be sweet.  I'm looking forward to Halo if that ever gets off the ground.

I'd love to see a Halo movie based off the books (I haven't played the game so I don't know how well they match).  It's sad that my favorite part of Doom was the game sequence towards the end.  It probably would have been better if they made the entire movie that way.  GoW sounds like it could be good, but as usual it depends on the script and studio interference.  I'm surprised Uwe Boll isn't doing it, master of all video game adaptions (barf).