Topic: Avatar

I've been a member of this board for awhile and was interested in finally putting up an avatar that I liked but I have never done that before. I found a cool pic but when I tried to upload it, it told me it was too big for the dimensions allowed. Is there anything I need to do to make it smaller to fit the requirement? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated big_smile

Re: Avatar

I believe the appropriate dimenions are 80 x 80 but the easiest thing to do is upload it to photobucket or some such photo sharing site and resize it.  They have built in sizes for avatars that take the thinking right out of the process if you are unfamiliar with resizing.  If that doesn't work for you, you could send it to me.  I'd be happy to install it for you. smile

joe I second what Moviemaven said tongue, I use to have a trouble with pictures on Horror-Movies.ca but everyone here directed me to Photobucket and it really is a great site to use! > on another note. Thanks to all who directed me to the brilliant site! big_smile

thank you both for your help and suggestions smile I had never uploaded pictures before and I must admit it was a pain in the ass the first go around. After much trial and error going through a number of image resizing and photo sharing sites, I came across this site called PIX Resizer and downloaded their program...suddenly in a matter of moments I had an avatar!

thanks again!

btw awesome picture for your avatar Joe wink tongue

big_smile

the girl on girl action is no slouch either tongue

Venomous Nightshade wrote:

btw awesome picture for your avatar Joe wink tongue

big_smile

and I have you to thank for that...thanks for having such fine taste...pretty much every horror icon is represented in a really cool artist's rendering...just perfect big_smile